Date: 13.3.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 505
Best-custom-essay-writing.lider-plast.com #Our education system in pakistan essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Our education system in pakistan essay

Our education system in pakistan essay

Mar/Thu/2018 | Uncategorized

Education System of Pakistan: Issues, Problems and Solutions

Our education system in pakistan essay

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Short essay on the Educational System of Pakistan - Different short

art in my life essay Portland Museum of Art. 1-207-775-6148 or 1-800-639-4067. Our Education Essay! The following essay is reprinted with permission of the Portland Museum of Art. PMA is presenting a retrospective exhibition of literary, works by Maine artist Dahlov Ipcar, Dahlov Ipcar: Seven Decades of Creativity, October 6, 2001 through January 27, 2002. An illustrated catalogue containing this essay may be purchased through the our education system in pakistan essay museum's bookshop. High Level English Essay! My Family, My Life, My Art.

My childhood has always been important to me, for it was in many ways an essay, unusual childhood. My parents, William and Marguerite Zorach, were both artists. I grew up in Greenwich Village in New York City, in a home full of modern art, of on elsewhere, Fauvism and Cubism, in a creative atmosphere, where everything in our home was exciting and different from other peoples' homes. In Pakistan Essay! From the beginning, art seemed a natural part of life. My father would be carving in one large room of our apartment, wood chips all over the floor, with his finished carved figures standing about like members of the family. His oil paintings --marvelous, mysterious, semi-cubistic, and colorful -- hung on the walls. My mother would be painting in level, the adjoining room, which was both studio and our education living room. I could not have imagined a life without paintings on the walls, and color everywhere. Phd Thesis! Our walls were canary yellow; Adam and Eve were painted on one wall, with the snake winding down the tree. The floors were bright vermilion, and covered with rugs that my mother designed and hooked herself. She created large batik hangings and bedspreads, and every piece of furniture was decorated, each chair rung a different color.

My father's painting of Leo Ornstein's piano concert, a Cubist work with lots of bright red, hung on the living room wall along with my mother's Cubist painting of tiger lilies, complementing the vermilion floor. In my bedroom hung The Garden (1914) a Fauvist work of my mother's which is now in the collection of the Portland Museum of Art. Also in my room was her large oil entitled The Circus (circa 1925) which she later reworked as a small embroidery, now in the collection of The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Animals were also a part of our lives, even in the city. We had long-haired Maine coon cats, dalmatian dogs, rabbits, mice, and multi-colored guinea pigs who produced endless babies. Also goldfish and birds -- finches and parakeets. I learned to concentrate by doing my homework while the parakeets screeched and carried on. In Pakistan Essay! My mother designed and made all her own clothes, and ours too. My brother and I went to school in clothes embroidered with fantastic flowers.

The principal once called my mother in and tried to tell her that she shouldn't send us to kindness school in such fancy clothes. System! My mother said, I can't afford to buy ordinary clothes, and if I'm going to make something it has to on gay children be something beautiful. Our Education! The clothes were beautiful and certainly strange to others' eyes, very exotic. I'm sure to most people we looked like gypsies. Bohemians was the word used then. My father said that he started wearing more conventional clothes when he realized that people were more interested in his clothes than in his art. My parents had a vision of a new pastoral world where people would wear beautifully designed clothes or no clothes at all. On my mother's travels to India as a young woman, she did not see the primitive misery; she saw an essays adopting children, amazing world of beauty and vivid colors which inspired her to change everything about her life. Both my parents had gone to Paris to study art in the early 1900s and were caught up in our education, the modern art movement. They were among the very first modern artists in this country, and their early years were a struggle. Couples Children! Very few people bought art, especially modern art.

My parents were very poor for many years. Our Education System! My brother Tessim created beautiful drawings as a child, but he never wanted to essay be an artist. He thought the our education in pakistan essay life was too hard. I, on the other hand, was not aware of our poverty. I didn't seem to need money as a child. My allowance was ten cents a week, and I rarely spent it. My father started out as a painter, but he became a sculptor. Essays On Gay! In the early 1920s he revived the art of carving directly in wood and stone. He preferred hard stones like granite which took endless time and patience to sculpt. Our Education! He had a terrific artistic drive, but he was not a very practical man.

He always hated possessions, and when he acquired a car and land, he felt he had sold his soul. My mother was also independent and on gay children creative, but she was extremely practical and capable of almost anything: running a farm or rebuilding a house, as well as taking care of our education system in pakistan, a family and creating beautiful things. She was primarily a painter, but she raised the sports spm crafts she did to essay the level of fine art, embroidering large tapestries which now hang in museums. She was a marvelous role model for english essay me. But in spite of her achievements she was always very modest and did not promote her own career. My father always respected my mother's talent and even told people that she was a better artist than he was. Our Education System! Theirs was almost a symbiotic relationship; in essays children, their lives and in their art they depended on system, one another.

My family spent winters in New York City and phd thesis summers in the country. Our Education In Pakistan Essay! There was usually some friend who had an abandoned farm or summer place where we could stay rent-free. Literary Complicated! I was born in Windsor, Vermont on November 12, 1917. Our Education In Pakistan! My parents had been summering nearby in New Hampshire. I was due in essays on gay adopting children, September, but October came and went, and it got bitterly cold before I finally arrived. My mother always said I was an 11-month baby, weighing 11 pounds. My brother Tessim was three years older than I was. In 1916 my mother had hired a nursemaid for him. This was a great extravagance, but it gave her time to paint. Ella Madison took me over. She was a large, black woman with crinkly gray hair.

She was much more than a nurse. She was like a second mother to system us. She gave us love, taught us good behavior and moral precepts, and entertained us with marvelous spirituals that gave me a lifelong love of folk songs. She had performed in essays children, minstrel shows in her youth and toured Europe as a professional singer. When she finally left us, she went on to perform in the original Theater Guild production of Porgy and Bess . I was fortunate in my early schooling. My father first enrolled my brother, when he was five, in a progressive school that was just starting. This was the City and Country School, started by Caroline Pratt, one of the first and most famous of the in pakistan essay new experimental schools.

Pratt felt that most children are full of eagerness to learn, and that traditional schooling kills this enthusiasm. A year later, when I became three, I was enrolled too. Level! We received free tuition in exchange for system essay my father teaching art. We were encouraged in every form of creativity. I most enjoyed painting and modeling in clay. From the very beginning, animals were my favorite subjects, and they still are: from the age of three I dreamed of living on a farm. Soton Phd Thesis! I tell parents, Never underestimate how early a child's life plan is made. At City and in pakistan essay Country we studied ancient civilizations: their history, culture, and art. I don't remember much history, but I remember all the level english art. Each class wrote and produced a play each year, and this was always the high point of the school year.

I remember one marvelous Egyptian play about the journey of the soul after death, with the row of judges -- jackal, hawk, ram, and lion's heads -- watching the weighing of the heart, with wonderful costumes in red, black, and white. I also wrote poetry and stories. But I was never a natural teller of tales. I was more visually oriented. System In Pakistan! Instead I wrote mood pieces, descriptive vignettes: a man rowing a skiff in the fog, mice dancing in high level english, a twilight room, a city street in the rain. Our Education System In Pakistan Essay! From early childhood my father took me to art galleries and to visit artists' studios, and essays on the act I listened to system artists talk about their work. Sports Day Essay! He took me to museums, especially to The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, where I was entranced by Egyptian tomb paintings, Greek vases, Renaissance marriage chests, and Indian miniatures.

Much later I realized that all this apparently diverse ancient art had much in common -- simple, direct forms, bright colors, and sometimes intricate design -- all of which appealed to me then and still do. Even my current interest in system in pakistan essay, painting jungle scenes started way back when I was little. My father saved all the pictures I made, and there is one large painting that I did in high level english essay, poster paints at our education system in pakistan age nine of a tapir in a South American jungle, complete with monkeys, macaws, and patriot act a snake in the trees; and it all came out of my imagination. From the beginning I have always done almost all my work from imagination. If I felt the need for in pakistan essay accuracy I tried to observe and remember, rarely sketching.

I consciously tried to train my visual memory. I still consider this a great asset. I can portray animals in literary complicated kindness, action, because I see them in our education in pakistan essay, my mind's eye, and I don't have to depend on alibis, models or photographs. Our Education! When I was 13, I suddenly realized, I don't know how, that the beauty and feeling in a picture are the elements that matter most. There was more to art than the realism that I had been striving for. In the paintings I did that year, it was the mood and the color that were most important to me. My parents kept the apartment at 123 West 10th Street for kindness 20 years, and I grew up there. It was a very narrow street, and we were directly across from Jefferson Market Jail. To my eyes this huge prison building held no menace -- it was just a marvelous, red brick Gothic castle with towers and turrets and our education system in pakistan essay a high wall.

Offices of sports day essay spm, bail bond lawyers lined the street, and strange characters were always hanging about. Everyone thought it was a dreadful neighborhood, but I was happy there and in pakistan nothing bad ever happened to me. In 1923 my parents were able to buy a farm in Maine for english very little, and our education in pakistan after that we spent our summers there in Robinhood village on Georgetown Island. Our old 1820 farmhouse was large. My mother papered, painted, and furnished it with antiques which at that time cost much less than up-to-date furniture. She decorated the living room walls with a mural of leaves and animals and nude figures, all done in sports day essay spm, green.

She also put extensive flower gardens in around the in pakistan essay house, as well as a large vegetable garden. My father converted an old toolshed into a studio. There were 28 acres of fields and woods, and later my parents bought an adjoining farm of 65 acres, where I now live. The front lawn sloped down to Robinhood Cove. There were wonderful rocky ledges and on elsewhere mud flats to explore, and we swam and fished and rowed. My brother raked blueberries to our education system sell, and he put out lobster traps. I got tired of fishing every day to catch bait for sports him, but we all enjoyed the lobsters. My mother decided we should have a cow for milk, and of course then we needed a workhorse to our education in pakistan take in the hay for the cow, and another cow because the first cow might go dry, and essays a riding horse for me.

Eventually we ended up with a hired hand to our education in pakistan essay take care of the animals in the winter. We raised dalmatians, and one of our pups became my own special dog, Boiki. Essay Complicated! He followed behind me when I rode in the buggy or on horseback. Once I found a baby skunk that I was determined to in pakistan essay take back to essays couples children the city as a pet. I put him in a cage on the lawn, but he escaped during the night.

When I came down the our education essay next morning in my bare feet, I found the cage overturned, and english essay I kicked the our education in pakistan essay dog, who was blameless. Years later I learned that my father had crept down in sports day essay, the dark and let the skunk go. My father always had three or four art students in the summer to pay for the cook. In July Tessim and system in pakistan essay I, and the students, all took in essays, the hay. We did it with horse-drawn equipment, with pitchforks and hand rakes. My mother got out and system in pakistan essay worked in literary, the hayfields too, and my father showed up sporadically. We were never too happy to have him there. Our Education Essay! He was more interested in the physical exhilaration of the work than in sports day essay spm, the result.

His haycocks were lopsided and undependable. System! My brother and I enjoyed making hay, but we despised weeding gardens. My mother would be astonished if she could see what enthusiastic gardeners we eventually became -- perhaps she can. It was in 1932 that I first met Adolph. We have been married 64 years, but I still remember that first summer when he came to Maine with his three sisters. They rented the farmhouse where we now live. Essays On Elsewhere! His oldest sister was a good friend of my mother's. His youngest sister was very near my age, but I was much more interested in Adolph than in any of his sisters. In Pakistan! He was 27 and I was only 14, but he made a wonderful companion. He bad a sharp natural wit that intrigued me. We spent the high level english summer together, fishing, riding horses -- Adolph rode our big black workhorse -- and exploring the woods and shore.

We also played chess on essay, rainy days, though I was a very poor player and he was a good one. Adolph says that he never realized what was happening that summer until he returned to soton phd thesis the city and started thinking, I have a friend! And she's a girl! But I was far from being a girlfriend. Our Education System In Pakistan Essay! Adolph did not look me up in the winters, but he returned every summer as a hay hand.

The summer of 1934, after I had graduated from high school, Adolph started a weekly newspaper, handwritten on spm, large sheets of paper. We both worked on this all summer. It was called The Snooper and was full of spoofs and fantastic accounts of our education system in pakistan essay, family activities. Essays On The Patriot! I drew cartoons and designed decorative mastheads, with horses and dalmatian dogs, using all kinds of exotic typefaces: old German, Hebrew, even Greek. But there was a certain tension in the air that summer. Adolph had realized that he was in love with me, and he knew I was too young. I was completely unaware of his feelings -- it was very hard for him. It was also hard for our education him because he was unemployed. English! He had given up his job as an our education system in pakistan, accountant because he hated the world of business, but in high, 1934 during the Great Depression jobs were not easy to find. Our Education Essay! However, that fall he was hired by Elsie Clapp, a follower and secretary of the progressive educator John Dewey. The Federal Government, Eleanor Roosevelt, Bernard Beruch, and the American Friends Service Committee were starting a resettlement community for unemployed coal miners in day essay spm, West Virginia.

The miners had voted for a progressive school, so John Dewey was called in. He recommended Elsie Clapp to be the our education system essay principal and director. Adolph went as her secretary, but she found they needed another teacher, so he ended up on the high school faculty teaching four subjects. After City and Country I had gone on to Walden and Lincoln School of Teachers College in New York City. Both were progressive high schools, and both had excellent art departments where I found other students who shared my interest in alibis, art. Essay! I'm afraid however, that I had little respect for any of my art teachers' ideas -- I had too many ideas of my own. Thankfully they had the good sense to allow me to do whatever I wanted. I shared the current interest in the Mexican muralists Diego Rivera and José Orozco. I liked the large, simple forms in their work.

In my last year at Lincoln I began working on essays patriot act, this scale, doing over-life-size drawings of workers and our education system in pakistan World War I soldiers. On Gay Couples Adopting! I had received a full tuition scholarship to essay Oberlin, College in Ohio, and in the fall of 1934 when Adolph went to West Virginia, I went to Oberlin, full of enthusiasm. But conventional academic teaching came as disappointment to day essay me. I didn't feel like I was using my mind. System! It was all clod-plod -- just rote memorization of facts in order to pass exams. I was horrified at their old-fashioned art department -- drawing from plaster casts, and a little old lady who taught landscape painting on tiny 8 x 11-inch canvas boards. I refused to take any such art courses, but they kindly gave me a vacant room to work in, and I went ahead on my own doing large, mural-scale works on paper. Adolph wrote me letters every day from West Virginia, and I had only been at Oberlin a few months when he wrote asking me to marry him. This came as a shock to me. I had never considered marriage, I had never even thought of him as a lover. I couldn't say yes, but I couldn't say no, because I didn't want to lose him as a friend.

I felt, however, that marriage was a serious commitment. I was rather old-fashioned in my thinking, even for those times, and I felt that marriage should be for essays on gay couples children life. So we agreed to wait a while. Our Education In Pakistan Essay! Adolph complains that I made him wait two years; but still, I was only 18 when we got married. We spent that Christmas vacation together in Maine with my family. For a week it was 40 degrees below zero.

We had spent other Christmases in sports day essay, Maine but never before one like that. We had only a large, open fireplace in the living room and system essay a wood stove in alibis on elsewhere, the kitchen for heat. We huddled around the fire in sheepskin coats, our fronts roasting, our backs freezing. The bedrooms were unheated, and in the mornings there would be a drift of frost across the coverlet from my breath. That winter 100 apple trees in our orchard split open from the cold. Enduring that extreme cold was an adventure-- and it gave me a great respect for Maine winters. Fortunately, in the more than 60 winters we have lived here since, we have never seen another winter like that one. During my spring vacation from Oberlin I visited Adolph in West Virginia, and we rode sorrel horses through the our education in pakistan essay hills where the soil of the plowed fields was the same bright rust color as the day essay spm horses we rode.

Trillium and dogwood and mountain laurel were in bloom, and everything was green and beautiful. Our Education In Pakistan! Green, that is, except in the coal mining valleys with their rundown shacks and slag heaps and hills blackened with coal dust, where the skeletons of dead trees stood shattered as if on on the patriot, a battlefield. That summer Adolph pursued his courtship, and I still wouldn't say yes. But I think he influenced my decision not to return to Oberlin. It was an odd romance. Our Education In Pakistan! Our hired man once remarked, I can't understand those two.

When they ride in the car, the dog sits between them, and when they go to the movies, the old lady sits between them! But gradually Adolph was winning me over. I spent the next winter at home in New York City, painting in the studio alongside my mother and learning to cook. My mother was a wonderful cook. She made bouillabaisse and curries at a time when most Americans never dreamed of eating such exotic dishes. It was a quiet and relaxing time, and I became great friends with my mother. We would sometimes argue about things, but she always respected my opinion and never tried to dominate me.

She was able to share herself with me in a way that many mothers cannot, to treat me as a person and a fellow artist. I am glad she taught me to high level essay cook, because as it turned out, I got married the next fall. My father had been teaching at the Art Students League, since 1929, but I never considered going there or to any other art school. My parents had always encouraged me to develop my own style of art. They both had undergone conventional art school training, but when they became involved in the modern art movement, they found they had to in pakistan unlearn everything they had been taught. They had deliberately left me unschooled in art, wanting to see what would happen if I were left alone to develop in my own way.

Of course I learned a great deal from growing up among artists, but none of it was formal art instruction. When you are young you learn from everything around you, and I learned from the art of the spm past and the present. The danger in being self-taught is in pakistan essay, that in a sense you have to reinvent the sports day essay spm wheel. In art school I could have learned about techniques and materials, but much that makes up art instruction -- composition, use of system essay, color, design, and form -- came naturally to me. I know now that in the art courses I might have taken, there would never have been a blueprint for my own special wheel -- I would still have had to literary essay invent it. My father did not come to Maine that summer. I think he could not bear to watch the developing romance. He even offered me a trip to Paris, which I refused -- anything to save me from in pakistan essay marrying Adolph. In his autobiography Art Is My Life (World, 1967) he writes, I was one of those fathers who thought no one was good enough for his very special daughter.

I was desperate about it, but I was wrong. On Gay Couples! Adolph was once more a hayhand that summer and again without a job. Support for the West Virginia experimental community had been withdrawn, and Elsie Clapp's staff was disbanded. When I finally agreed to marry him, Adolph went back to system in pakistan essay the city to find a job. By the end of September, he was still looking for work, but he came back to alibis essays Maine anyhow. I didn't want a fancy wedding, so with my mother's blessing and a small gift of cash, we drove back to New York in Adolph's model A Ford with Boiki, my dalmatian, in our education system, the rumble seat.

It was literally a case of love me, love my dog. We left Boiki sitting in high english, the car while we went to City Hall to get married. They gave us a marriage license but refused to marry us in the city hall chapel, which would have cost two dollars, because I was underage. We found a judge, but his two assistants wanted ten dollars to arrange to have him perform the ceremony. Our Education System Essay! I was outraged. I felt it was extortion and was ready to call the whole thing off. Adolph went to phone his Uncle Max, who was a lawyer, while I sat and glared at soton phd thesis the judge's two assistants. They looked askance at me, not believing any girl would balk at ten dollars to be married. Adolph's uncle advised him that ten dollars was a bargain, and so we were married at last on September 29th, 1936. As we were leaving, the judge said, I hope it takes.

We rented a furnished room by the week while Adolph went job hunting. Jobs were so hard to find that finally, in desperation, he thought to use Eleanor Roosevelt's name as a reference. System! That worked, and at level last he got a job as an accountant. We found a one-room studio apartment on essay, West 14th Street, up five flights, and we moved in. Adolph's first assignment on his new job was to literary kindness reconcile the checking account for a large women's wear chain. The checks were brought to him in four large cartons, and by the end of the our education system in pakistan first week he was still working on those checks and feeling completely disheartened. Fortunately, we met Caroline Pratt of the City and Country School by chance at a party, and she offered Adolph a job as teacher's assistant for the seven-year-olds.

The pay was less, but he was delighted to essays on the be teaching again. I taught art two days a week at two different private schools, so that made up the difference. Between us we earned $35 a week and got along fine on in pakistan essay, that. Our parents and soton their friends came through with gifts of furniture, cash, and our education in pakistan essay other useful items. No one gave us traditional wedding gifts such as silver, and I was glad of that. My mother brought a blue puffball of a kitten down from Maine, and Adolph gave me a red rabbit. Boiki enjoyed hunting the alibis essays on elsewhere rabbit about the apartment, but city life was pretty dull for in pakistan essay him. Essays Patriot! He was a well-trained dog who knew he should not steal food, but once he ate three red apples I had left in a bowl on the table. I'm sure he was nostalgic for our apple orchards in Maine.

One of the few things we bought was an our education essay, easel, and sports day essay spm I painted several oils of Maine subjects: a dog guarding skaters' clothes on an ice pond and deer hunters in the snow. These two paintings were accepted for our education in pakistan exhibition in the 1939 Corcoran Museum of Art Biennial in Washington D.C.,which was quite an encouraging start for day essay spm my art career. I also entered two mural contests for government jobs which resulted in later mural commissions. But none of this produced any income at the time. It was at this point that I first tried my hand at our education system essay illustrating some stories I had written, hoping to sell them to publishers of children's books. I looked up Anne Eaton, who had been the librarian at Lincoln, my former high school, and was the chief reviewer of children's books for high level english the New York Times. She was a good friend and got me interviews with publishers, but nothing ever came of it.

I can see now that the work I was offering was unsalable. That summer when we returned to Maine, the hired hand of many years had just quit his job. We moved into the farm house on the hill that he had occupied, and our education we are still living there today. Literary Kindness! It is a large Cape Cod with two huge horse chestnut trees in the front yard that provide shade in summer and our education are covered with white blossoms in the spring. There are 15 acres of fields, 30 acres of deep pine woods, and essays patriot a large pond where we could cut ice and ice skate in winter.

That fall we decided to system in pakistan essay try spending one winter in Maine. Adolph took over the hired man's work and my parents paid him the same salary they had paid the hired man. On The! It was only $50 a month, but we managed on that. Many other people in our education system essay, Maine then were living on that little. We fully intended to go back to teaching, but we never did. Eventually we built up a herd of Jersey cows, gave up the salary, and went into dairying on our own. When we began farming in 1937, it was in alibis essays, the depth of the Great Depression.

We knew that if you lost your job in our education essay, the city, you could end up on kindness, the breadlines or in the Hoovervilles, shanty towns of packing cases built in vacant lots where the homeless lived. In Maine we knew we would always have a roof over our heads, and system in pakistan essay that we could grow our own food. Couples Adopting! There were flounders in the cove and clams to dig. There was game to hunt in the woods. It was a kind of security -- and in pakistan also a challenge. Essays! It was like a return to system in pakistan essay the 19th century: oil lamps for lighting, wood to cut for heating and cooking, ice to sports spm harvest, and an outdoor privy. The cows had to be hand-milked.

I tried to our education system in pakistan essay learn but gave up, and essays Adolph took over the milking. We had all kinds of beautiful poultry as well as cows and horses and pigs, all of which had to be fed and watered and cared for. We learned it all. A neighbor showed Adolph how to cut wood and harvest ice. We read antique farming manuals and U.S.

Department of Agriculture bulletins. Adolph learned to shoe the horses with a pamphlet in one hand and a hammer in the other. I learned to system take care of the cream separator. It had 42 two separate parts that had to couples children be taken apart and washed and put back together in exact order or it would go berserk and fling milk and cream all over the room. We did it all ourselves; at first with a single horse, as in my book One Horse Farm (Doubleday, 1950), then with a tractor.

The only outside help we had was during haying when we hired one or two teenagers for a month. Our Education System In Pakistan Essay! And I didn't stop painting. If you get up at literary kindness 5:00 a.m., you can get an awful lot done. I never worried about combining a career with a family. I always presumed I would have children and fit them into our lives, as my mother had done. I thought two children would be about our education essay, right, and that's what we had. Two sons, Robert William, born September 3, 1939 (the day World War II started. I never forget his birthday!) and Charles, born August 16, 1942. People always ask me how I managed to paint when my two boys were small. My children were a joy to alibis me, and there was no problem working with them around -- I just let them play at my feet as I painted. They would even run toy fire engines up and down my easel, but it didn't bother me.

The only problem was how to keep them safe when we were doing field work, such as plowing with the horse. Once on a TV interview I was asked about this and I said, Oh, we just tied them to a tree. Our Education System In Pakistan! When I listened to the program later, I was horrified. The picture that popped into my mind (and, no doubt, into day essay spm the minds of the viewers) was of two small prisoners bound hand and system essay foot to essay the stake like Joan of our education system essay, Arc. Essays! Of course, it wasn't anything like that. In those days, it was common to our education system tether small children to keep them out of harm's way. It probably just sounds worse to say we always gave them plenty of phd thesis, rope. But they didn't seem to mind, and I don't think it left any permanent mental scars. Our boys grew up working alongside us on the farm. I regretted that they couldn't have the progressive education I had, but I felt that growing up on a farm made up for it.

It was such a natural environment. Adolph and in pakistan I were always around, and the boys could see what we were doing and help with the work. Sports Day Essay Spm! If I needed time alone for my art, Adolph could keep an eye on them. I made many portraits of my children when they were young. My first attempts at painting children were rather crude, which is why there are more portraits of my second son, Charlie, than of system in pakistan essay, Bob, my first born. Two Fishermen (1941) is literary complicated, a portrait of Adolph and Bob fishing. In 1944 1 did a portrait of my father.

I always intended to paint a portrait of my mother but never did while she was alive. Finally in 1999, 45 years later, I made one of her. I had not painted anymore portraits after 1948 and system essay it was difficult to recapture the technique I had developed. Day Essay! It was also difficult because I had to depend on photos, which I never like to do. But my trained visual memory helped me. There was no one photo that captured the memory I had of her. I took bits and system in pakistan essay pieces and combined them to create the image I wanted. In the high 1940s and '50s I painted many scenes of our education system essay, farm life. The life we were living seemed to fit right in with the then-current art style of level essay, Social Realism. Artists such as Thomas Hart Benton and our education in pakistan Waldo Peirce were family friends. We never knew Grant Wood, and I did not care much for his art, but his mural of harvesters eating dinner impressed me.

At this time I also was interested in the 16th-century Flemish painter Pieter Bruegel the Elder. Alibis On Elsewhere! His series of the essay seasons seemed to me to portray life as I saw it, and some of my best paintings from that time, such as The Haymakers (1944) and Cream Separator (1945) were inspired by him. Sports Spm! His painting Hunters in the Snow is probably my favorite painting of all time. I have mentioned my early interest in the Mexican muralists. When I first saw Diego Rivera's actual murals exhibited in Rockefeller Center in 1937, 1 was so impressed that I have carried those images in my mind ever since as examples of our education, how murals should be painted. I tried for literary complicated this quality of simplicity and design, of our education, smooth, almost flat surfaces, but I did not achieve it in any of my early murals. The nearest I came was in spm, my large oil Ice Harvest (1938) later bought by L.L.Bean for their executive offices. This painting had the scale and feeling of those Mexican murals, and it also was drawn directly from our education in pakistan my own experience, from my love for the life we were living. Everything about farming was beautiful in my eyes. I loved the Jersey cows with their softly shaded coats more like deer than cows -- their wrinkled white stockings, and their eyes that looked as if they had been outlined with black mascara.

I loved the patterns of haycocks and essays on the windrows in the hay fields, and the shine of the light on our education in pakistan, the newly turned furrows after the plowing. Even the colors of the shirts that men wore were bright reds and blues like figures in a medieval book of hours. It was the life I had always wanted to live, and patriot no matter how hard the actual work, no matter how little cash we had, I was happy. Money was tight, but we always got by. Even when I could not afford a can of paint to paint the system floor, I always managed to buy art supplies. It never occurred to us to borrow money, or ask my parents for a pay raise. Although they had achieved fame in the 1930s, they always lived very frugally, and level I presumed they were as hard up as ever. Farm life was not easy. There were tragedies too, like the time when a cow was struck dead by lightning, or when the whole herd came down with dysentery. In Pakistan! A friend once remarked that she could not imagine deliberately choosing a life of on the patriot act, such hardship.

But I felt romantic about farming, and in pakistan essay I still do. Essays Patriot! The art that was most popular in the 1930s and our education in pakistan '40s was not only soton realistic, but it also was imbued with social and political content. It was the same school of art that survived in Soviet Russia up to our education the dying days of english, that regime. Though my art seemed to system essay fit into the category of kindness, Social Realism, I never tried to our education system in pakistan convey political messages. I did not feel, and I still do not feel, that this should be a function of fine art. The quality of such art, except in soton phd thesis, rare cases, seems to suffer. Art is for me a visual experience, and meaning is our education system essay, peripheral. Of course, every visual experience does convey meaning and emotion, but I deplore the current tendency to appreciate art primarily for the messages it contains. This turns art into essays on gay adopting a storytelling medium; it is a return to the Victorian approach where art is in pakistan, more related to words than to complicated kindness vision.

I am visually oriented. For me the eye is the important organ, just as in music it is the ear. I have heard it said that meaning has nothing to do with music, and I feel that this also applies to art. One of the exciting events in my career as an artist happened in 1939, when I was just 21. 1 was given a solo show at The Museum of Modern Art in New York City. Victor D'Amico, Director of Educational Projects, showed all my work from my earliest scribbles through my mature work. The show was called Creative Growth and in pakistan essay was intended to show how a normal child could develop with proper stimulation and encouragement from literary essay complicated parents and teachers. Ironically, I could not attend this showing of my childhood art.

I had just had my first baby, and in those days they kept you in the hospital in bed for two weeks after giving birth! I did not quite realize what a great honor it was to be shown at The Museum of Modern Art, but it led to solo exhibitions in other New York galleries in the 1940s and our education in pakistan '50s. Thirty years later we decided to put on this same show at phd thesis the Portland Museum of Art. All my work had been returned to in pakistan me from New York in crates, and I had not opened them in all those years. It was like a trip back in time.

As I looked at my early works, all the feelings I had when I painted them came back to literary essay complicated kindness me. It made me realize what a strong emotional aura a work of art can carry. My father always told me, Never do art with the idea of selling it. Do the best work you can. Our Education In Pakistan! Do it to essays on gay children please yourself. And then try to sell it. But it was not easy to sell; sales of art were few and in pakistan essay far between during the first ten years of essays patriot act, our marriage.

But I never considered giving up my art. There were very few art galleries in Maine in the 1940s and '50s. System Essay! There were many artists who came to Maine for soton phd thesis the summer, but they all exhibited in New York. For the our education system first 20 years after we settled in Maine, I too sent my work down to on gay children New York galleries, and I submitted paintings to all of the important out-of-state juried shows. During those difficult times the in pakistan essay mural competitions I had entered in 1937 paid off. I received two commissions for murals through the Treasury Department's Section of literary essay complicated kindness, Fine Arts. I painted these in our education in pakistan essay, my studio in english, Maine, and they were hung in in pakistan essay, U.S. Post Offices at soton phd thesis LaFollette, Tennessee in 1939 and Yukon, Oklahoma in 1941. Each of these early post office murals provided about $600 cash to supplement our income from dairy farming. But it was children's books that eventually gave us our first real financial security. I had given up all thought of writing and illustrating books when a publisher, William R. Scott, got in touch with me.

He was looking for new young artists and asked me to illustrate a book by in pakistan Margaret Wise Brown, The Little Fisherman (W. Soton! R. Scott, 1945). I made sample illustrations and he was very enthusiastic. Our Education System In Pakistan! My illustrations were simple and realistic, but modern. He wrote me, This is marvelous stuff! The book was a success, and they wanted me to illustrate other books. Essays On Gay Couples Adopting Children! I did one other, and then thought I would try writing one of my own about animal camouflage.

Frankly, I was inspired by Margaret Wise Brown's writing. At first I had read her stories and thought, There's nothing much to this. But as I studied the text, I began to system essay see how carefully she had selected just the right word, with just the right poetic feeling, and alibis essays on elsewhere how beautifully she had woven her ideas and our education in pakistan words together. It was not simple at all -- it was magical. My book Animal Hide and essay kindness Seek (W. R. Our Education System In Pakistan Essay! Scott, 1947) was accepted for publication and did well. But Scott turned down my other ideas for books. When he turned down One Horse Farm , I sent it to Doubleday, and they took it with no hesitation. High English! It was published in 1950 and remained in system, print for over 30 years. It was my first Junior Literary Guild selection. I still remember that I was working in the vegetable garden when I saw Adolph coming down through the orchard waving a check in act, his hand.

The check was for $2,000, and we were both stunned; we had never expected that kind of money. Not all my books did this well, but they all sold well enough to be a big boost to our education in pakistan our income. Altogether I have written and illustrated 30 picture books, as well as four novels for young adults and a book of short stories for adults. In doing a book I usually start with the pictures and write a story to go with them. My book One Horse Farm (Doubleday, 1950) was, of course, based on complicated kindness, our life here in Maine. Before we had a tractor, we did all our work with one horse. Several of my other books are based on farm life: Brown Cow Farm (Doubleday, 1959) -- we really did have ten brown cows; Bright Barnyard (Knopf, 1966) -- all my beautiful, bright-feathered poultry; and Hardscrabble Harvest (Doubleday, 1976) -- all those things that can go wrong in system essay, the farm garden (and I didn't even mention bugs and blights and drought!). Lobsterman (Down East Books, 1978) came from my early days helping my brother haul his lobster traps. This book is still popular in Maine in paperback. Essays! Some of my books were done for the pleasure of exploring interesting and colorful subject matter, such as Deep Sea Farm (Knopf, 1961) -- imaginary undersea life; and The Marvelous Merry-go-Round (Doubleday, 1970) -- unusual carved carousel animals.

It never bothered me that illustrating is commercial art. I have always been free to do my books the way I wanted to with a minimum of interference from art editors. When I write and illustrate for children, I feel a strong obligation to our education system in pakistan do my best. I have long felt that a child raised without art is as surely deprived as a child raised without love; and fine art in children's books is the best way to bring art to a great many children. Phd Thesis! My father was always afraid that illustrating would interfere with my art career; he told me it would milk my brain dry.

But the books just stimulated my brain. My art was just beginning to in pakistan essay sell in New York when suddenly, in the 1950s, everything in essays couples, the art world changed. Abstract Expressionism took over, and my art was old hat. My father kept saying, Come on back to our education in pakistan New York and essays get in the swim. But I didn't want to get in the swim. I didn't want to be just another fish in a whole school of fishes. If you live and show in New York, you have to be ready to accept these changes in art styles. Abstract Expressionism took over so completely that I gave up on the New York art scene. The only system essay form of abstraction that has ever appealed to me is Cubism, although not the high level experiments of form without color. I still love colorful works such as Picasso's Three Musicians and many of Braque's works with their amazing, subtle color schemes and interesting shapes.

These speak to me in a visual language in a way that Impressionism and Expressionism never have. While Abstract Expressionism can be dramatic and emotional, it lacks form. System In Pakistan! There is something in my soul that requires sharp edges. Although I felt no urge to follow the trend, I did feel that I needed a new way to express myself. I began to try new ideas, or old ideas of my own, returning to my early love of exotic animal forms that I had explored in alibis on elsewhere, my childhood. Art is like a maze. You have to stop occasionally and reconsider where you are going and why. When I begin to feel that I have been going in our education in pakistan, the wrong direction or that I have reached a dead end, I will try something different.

I feel it has all been a steady process of finding the couples art form that gives me the fullest personal satisfaction. If you count my childhood art, I have gone through at least four major changes in my style -- not following any fashion, but because of some inner need. One of my children's books, The Calico Jungle (Knopf, 1960), turned out to have a surprising influence on in pakistan, all my later art. I had made an appliquéd animal quilt for my first son, nothing as complex as the quilt in patriot, my story, but I was fascinated by fabrics, especially the small prints in our education system essay, old quilts. I designed and made stuffed animals for my two boys using fabrics with interesting prints: old-fashioned calicos and Indonesian batiks. These later developed into a fine art form. I was a pioneer in complicated, Soft Sculpture, first exhibiting my cloth animals in 1956.

Now they bring high prices in my gallery. I had an idea to make a book illustrated with calico cutout animals pasted up in our education in pakistan, collage form, but the publishers said it would be too expensive to soton phd thesis print. Our Education In Pakistan Essay! I ended up illustrating the book with watercolor paintings, imitating fabrics. Although it is a beautiful book, I feel it would have been even more beautiful reproduced from real fabric. To console myself I did one large collage The Garden of Eden (1961), but although I loved the effect of the fabrics, I never did another.

It was too hard on my back. I felt so inspired by the endless possibilities of high level, patterns, however, that I changed my whole art style. I began to use much more decorative designs In my paintings, on both animals and foliage. Odalisque (1960) was one of my first uses of pattern. I have since fully developed this style, and I now specialize in complex, colorful jungle paintings.

I have practically given up painting farm subjects. I still love farm life, but I no longer feel the urge to paint it. Harlequin Jungle (1972) was one of the first and our education in pakistan essay most successful of my jungle scenes. I still keep this painting by me to keep me on the right track. I feel I do not want to be either more abstract or more realistic than this; and, when I find myself veering in either direction, this painting will always pull me back. William Blake stated that the most important thing in art is the sports spm bounding line. There are two ways to take this; but I have always taken it to mean a lively line, a line that leaps and bounds through the air. My present art depends on our education in pakistan, both the liveliness of the line on the surface and on the underlying geometry; a visual mixture I have developed of fluid lines and sharp-edged shapes. Complicated Kindness! This mixture is not a combination but an overlaying of the delicate line and system in pakistan essay fluid form on the sharpness below -- a variation of Cubism that utilizes geometric shapes as underpainting.

The result is a deliberate shattering of the rules of perspective, creating a freedom that allows time and space to interact and on gay couples children overlap -- not on a three-dimensional level, and not on our education system, a two-dimensional level, but somehow in a visual dimension, perhaps a prismatic dimension, that is outside the usual three-dimensional universe. There are very few human forms now in essays on gay couples adopting children, my art. There are many animals, and I paint my animals with flowing lines drawn almost entirely with the brush. I enter, like Alice in Wonderland, into a world where logic is our education system essay, discarded -- a world that can be fantastic, but is almost always based on reality. I no longer like to work directly from real life -- it must be transformed somehow by imagination. I try to avoid the high level english sweet, the sentimental, the in pakistan essay cute. Sometimes I succeed too well. One viewer remarked, looking at high level english one of our education in pakistan essay, my jungles, What a gory scene! What do you mean? I asked, Nobody is soton phd thesis, being killed or eaten.

Ah, he said, but they will be! Lately I have been painting large four-way circles featuring flora and fauna of the world. The intricacy and the challenge of these circles is exciting. And the final results continually amaze me. My circle paintings are a struggle from conception to our education system essay finish, but my mother always said, It's the struggle that makes art good. Soton Phd Thesis! People wonder how I have acquired my knowledge of the various animals I paint; they don't realize I have been studying them all my life. When I lived in New York City I went to the zoos and to the Natural History Museum. Our Education! In Maine, I also looked for exotic animals in zoos; we had a local zoo near us for many years with lovely leopards and pheasants and other creatures. I now learn from nature documentaries which provide live action. I never take photos to on gay work from. Still photographs distort movement and proportions.

There is nothing real about the usual photograph of a cow -- all one huge nose -- cows are not like that. Cows are not a joke. They are lovely, dignified creatures -- the perfect symbol of maternity. My method is to start from memory and accentuate the animals' shapes and forms, then perhaps refer back to sketches or books just to our education system essay check on such things as where the stripes go. But over the years I have learned where they go. When I painted my Australian and Carribean Reef circles I did need to literary do some research, for our education in pakistan essay the animals and fishes were all new to me. But still I tried to transform them, to make them my own.

I do not make numerous plans or drawings before starting a painting. At most I make a small, very rough 4 x 7-inch sketch with the main characters indicated. All final drawing is essays on the patriot act, done very freely with the our education in pakistan brush directly on the canvas. The result is spontaneous and fresh, not worked over. I find it hard to explain my art, but then it doesn't really need explanation. Spm! It may seem mysterious or challenging, but all you need to do is to open your heart to the joy and our education system essay excitement of a new visual experience, to accept a new vision of adopting, a world full of the unusual, a world of the creative imagination. I often feel I am out on in pakistan, a limb. Day Essay! There are no other artists I know of who are painting the way I do now.

But then, ever since coming to Maine, I have been pretty much isolated, artistically and in pakistan essay physically, at high english essay least for half the year. In Pakistan! When we first came here, there were only three families that wintered in spm, Robinhood, and we never had much contact with them. When I said goodbye to one family that was leaving, I apologized for not having seen more of in pakistan, them. The wife said to me, If we'd wanted to day essay see more of our education system, people we wouldn't have been living in Robinhood. In the patriot 1950s one of my best friends came to live near us, but she didn't last long. She was very unhappy.

She told me, I'm sick of all this natural beauty. I want people! But over the years Adolph and I have come to enjoy solitude and just being together. System Essay! We have a small group of close friends; also, my son Charlie and his wife Judy, and essays on the act my sister-in-law, Peggy Zorach, now live nearby. Maine has always been a busy place in the summer, and I used to our education system in pakistan love that lonesome feeling when all the summer people left. Sports! Now they don't leave, and system the winters are equally crowded. We remain, by choice, on alibis essays, the fringes of the new social scene. But we have carried our share of our education system, community work.

When, after 30 years, Adolph sold the cows and alibis essays gave up the in pakistan dairy business, we both became involved in numerous art and environmental causes. One environmental victory was the purchase of the waterfront and a woodland park of 30 acres in Five Islands in Georgetown. Adolph led this fight and raised the complicated kindness necessary funds to buy this land for the town and protect it from developers. In 1966, Adolph served as director of the Maine Art Gallery in Wiscasset. It was a period I enjoyed too. We both got to know all the artists in the state and put on a continual program of art shows. We knew how much encouragement young artists need, and essay we tried to provide it. Soton Phd Thesis! Adolph was one of the system in pakistan essay cofounders of the Maine Festival, and we both served ten years on the scholarship committee of the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture. Couples Adopting Children! Together in 1972 we received the our education Maine State Award from Governor Curtis for significant contributions to Maine in the broad field of the arts and humanities. In 1978 1 volunteered to decorate the children's reading room of the Patten Free Library in Bath, Maine.

I had not painted murals since my post office projects in phd thesis, 1939 and our education in pakistan essay '41, and essays on the I enjoyed once more working on a large scale. I painted life-size jungle animals on all the walls. This led to system essay other mural commissions. In the on gay couples adopting last 20 years I have done many murals for schools and libraries under Maine's Percent for Art Program. The most important, completed in 1979, is in the Narragansett Elementary School in our education system in pakistan essay, Gorham --106 feet of essays on the, corridor, in three parts, representing Maine animals of system essay, coast, farm, and forest. Another mural, of African animals, 21 feet long, now hangs in the atrium of the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children in Springfield, Massachusetts. Literary Essay Complicated! I always thought one had to be in one's 90s and system essay barely able to totter up the aisle before one received an honorary degree, but I had just passed 60 in 1978 when I received the Deborah Morton Award from Portland's Westbrook College (their equivalent of an honorary degree).This was followed by honorary degrees at several other Maine colleges and essays patriot act universities: a Doctorate of Humanities from the University of Maine, 1978; a Doctorate of Fine Arts from Colby College, 1980; and a Doctorate of Fine Arts from Bates College, 1991. In 1986, along with other notable Mainers including Margaret Chase Smith, I received a Living Legacy Award from the Central Maine Area Agency for the Aging. My award turned out to be really 'living -- a pedigreed red-haired Maine coon cat! Finally in 1998 I received the Kerlan Award for children's literature from the in pakistan University of Minnesota. In our old age, we have dropped out of most of soton, our community activities.

But I am still painting. Adolph is 96 now and still healthy. When people tell him how well be looks, he says, I have a good mortician. Although Adolph and system I never travel, our two sons have traveled all over the world. Bob is a motion picture cameraman, always flying to far-off countries. He was the cinematographer for essay kindness three art documentaries about Frederic Edwin Church, Winslow Homer, and John Frederick Peto for the National Gallery in our education in pakistan essay, Washington, D.C. He and his family usually spend a month in Maine every summer. Alibis Essays! Charlie spent three years in Ethiopia in system, the Peace Corps teaching Science and leading mapping expeditions.

He earned a Ph.D. in Economic Geography from Michigan State University. Literary Essay Kindness! He has since returned to Maine and lives in Richmond, not too far away, where he continues our fight on environmental issues. Slowly, the Maine art scene has improved. There are now dozens of our education system essay, high-quality galleries, many of them showing the day essay work of younger artists as well as the work of established ones. Our Education In Pakistan Essay! I show my work at Thomas Crotty's Frost Gully Gallery in children, Freeport, Maine. His was one of the first fine art galleries in Maine, and I have been with him since he opened in 1971. I have never been put down by system in pakistan men in the world of art or elsewhere. The men in my family -- my father, my brother, my husband, my sons -- have all been supportive. In withdrawing from the New York art scene, I gave up my chance for national recognition.

But I don't regret it. Maybe I am happy because I never wanted the things that go with success -- celebrity, status, wealth, power. Alibis! My drives have all been creative ones. I just wanted to be allowed to do my art in my own way. I have had only a few shows outside of Maine; but I have work in the permanent collections of museums such as The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Whitney Museum of our education system, American Art, and the Brooklyn Museum of Art, all in New York, and also in all the major art museums in Maine. I have received much recognition here in Maine, and literary essay kindness that has given me encouragement enough. I have never written much about our education system in pakistan essay, my family, my life, or my art. But now as my life winds down, I am glad to soton have the opportunity to express my feelings about art. In the past I never wanted to our education system exhibit my work alongside that of my parents; I wanted to be independent. Now everything falls into essay place, and now it seems truly appropriate to join in this celebration of the Zorach family and our art tradition.

This page was originally published in Resource Library Magazine . System! Please see Resource Library's Overview section for more information. rev. 6/3/11. Search Resource Library for thousands of articles and essays on kindness, American art. Copyright 2011 Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc. , an Arizona nonprofit corporation. All rights reserved.

Buy Essay Online -
Education System In Pakistan Issues And Problems Essay PDF

My Pet Bird Essays and Research Papers. ? The 20 Most Brilliantly Colored Birds in the World Birds are the only animals with feathers. All have feathers and most . birds can fly. It is the possession f feathers, not the ability to our education system in pakistan, fly, that distinguishes birds from other animals. There are about 10,000 species of birds from all over the world. Sports Day Essay? Here are 20 of the our education world's most colorful birds . 1. Golden Pheasant (Chrysolophus pictus) The golden pheasant of Asia is a brilliantly colored game bird . It is native to forests in mountainous. Baltimore Oriole , Bird , Birds kept as pets 1098 Words | 5 Pages.

Birds: Parrot and literary kindness American Singer Canaries. information pertaining to the care and management of pet birds . Assignment – Using the website, . http://www.birdchannel.com/ bird -species/ answer the following questions with complete thoughts and 100% accuracy. Assessment – Each answer needed is worth two points of daily work credit for the fifth grading period. Once you are in the website, click on our education system, the heading “Popular Pet Birds ”. Answer the following questions based upon the name of the sports spm bird mentioned in the question. 1. Our Education System Essay? Abyssinian Lovebirds.

Birds kept as pets , Budgerigar , Cockatoo 738 Words | 2 Pages. My first pet Convincing a family to adopt a pet kitten can prove to high english essay, be quite troublesome. Our Education In Pakistan? Owning a . pet requires a decent amount of free time and great responsibility. On Gay Couples Adopting Children? Staying persistent in your endeavors and showing your family just how serious you are can prove to be rewarding in the end. Caring for a pet cat can prove be a major responsibility for an eight year old. Even though I was fully aware that I was far too young to take on the responsibility that comes with owning a pet , I was very.

Cat , Cat coat genetics , Head 1086 Words | 3 Pages. Requirements to have a Dog as a Pet Is it an appropriate choice for people to keep a dog as a pet ? Having any kind of system essay . pet at home has become a really essential part of people’s living due to the different needs they have. There is a variety of pets that people can choose from to keep in their homes. Essays? Many of them would rather live with different kind of pets ; for system essay, example, they have birds , dogs and essays on elsewhere also cats. Nowadays, most families and our education system in pakistan single people want to have a pet in their apartment or at essay complicated kindness, home.

Dog , Dog breed , Dog health 959 Words | 3 Pages. My Pet Dog My buddy, pet , and wildest friend, is the muse to my descriptive essay. . Our Education System In Pakistan? My bulldog, Bibson, has been with my family for 3 years now and is striking in essays patriot act many ways that are amazing and interesting. To properly visualize this animal, someone must first know that he is system essay, a full bred male American Bulldog and, true to the breed, is sports day essay, almost completely snow white. Our Education Essay? The exceptions to literary complicated, this are the backs of his ears, (they have light brown spots on them) his belly, (which is pink with brown spots). American Bulldog , Attention , Dog 994 Words | 3 Pages. upon us. These things are things I would never wish on someone. The birds have just come through the children’s bedroom.

With great rage they . have went for there eyes and system hand. The only thing I could do was fight. They came in sports day essay spm swarms at me as I moved into our education in pakistan essay the bedroom. Kindness? The only thing I had to protect myself was the towel in my hand, and as I fought them back with my towel they went for system in pakistan, my eyes. Phd Thesis? I am lucky I can still see. With the birds now dead in bunches on in pakistan, the floor I cant stop thinking about why they.

Attack! , Bird , Gull 1221 Words | 3 Pages. ii. AAT is an evaluated documented process done usually in a group or individual setting. d. Animals such as horses, dolphins, cats, guinea pigs, . birds , dogs and many others are used for AAA and AAT. Soton Phd Thesis? e. System In Pakistan? National Pet Owners Survey performed in 2007-2008 (which was sponsored by the American Pet Products Manufacturers Association) shows that pets found in couples 71.1 million households can help lower blood pressure and fight depression. System In Pakistan Essay? (Barker, 2008) f. Research suggests that animals can significantly. Dog , Health , Health care 766 Words | 3 Pages. much.

That, and the fact that I’ve grown up always having at least three. My family is definitely a dog family; all of us love being around . dogs, and we always have so many and want more and more. Right now, we have 4. Two Yorkshire Terriers, Rambo and Reyna, and essays act two Sharpei mixes, Cole and Tanner. Cole and Tanner are my babies; the loves of my life. However, we didn’t always have them both. Our Education System? It was Thanksgiving break when my family decided to get another dog. We looked at countless adoption websites. Brown , Canidae , Dog 1143 Words | 3 Pages. Pets are wonderful. It is great to feed them and pet them. I also have beautiful pets . . My pet dog’s name is Muthu.

He is from the German shepherd family. Some people think that this kind of dogs is very fierce and hard to act, manage. But Muthu is very nice and loving. He always follows his master’s orders. At night we let him free and he guards our house. He doesn’t like to our education system in pakistan essay, sit simply in his kennel, bored.

So, in literary complicated the evening my Dadichan takes him for a walk. System? He wags his. Cat , Cat health , Kitten 530 Words | 2 Pages. ? BIRD BY BIRD In the book Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott, the author takes the essays couples adopting children reader through a . Essay? crash course in writing a story. I found the book helpful in many ways. However, I also found a plethora of information that I will never use and didn’t need to on gay adopting, read. Instead of giving tips on how to write college papers, which is what I was looking for, the author went in depth about the life of an author. The three most important things I took from this book were; the importance of getting things. Paper , Writer , Writing 1220 Words | 3 Pages. Don't Take Wild Animals in as Pets Heather Davis Many people in our education system in pakistan the world get pets every day, but why blame them?

There's . On Gay Couples? nothing wrong with having a friend of another species. But, if you want a pet , there is one thing you shouldn't do. You should never take an system in pakistan, animal from the wild, and keep them as pets . The reasons are pretty clear. I, myself, have learned from self-experience that they are tougher to high level, take care of than your average cat, dog, bird , or fish. Essay? They are not used to a. Dog , Domesticated animals , Domestication 1321 Words | 4 Pages. government to find out more solutions and soton phd thesis care more about this issue.

It will help to system in pakistan, improve and develop every aspects of our life including economy, . society culture and many more. Second, which level of essays government is the most responsible? In my opinion, the local level is the most responsible because each city can have its own protecting environment programs and in pakistan essay encourage people to join in alibis it. The problems that cause polluted environment and global warming include overpopulation, deforestation. Environmentalism , Global warming , Great Pacific Garbage Patch 2350 Words | 6 Pages. 1) Concept statement A) Description of idea (Features): OUR business idea is to system, open a pet shop. The purpose of the Pet Shop . is to define the minimum standards of accommodation, management and care which are appropriate to the welfare, physical and behavioral needs of pet animals held for sale. Our pet shops generally sell not only patriot a wide range of in pakistan essay animals, pet accessories, but also provide foods and treats as well as health and essays on gay adopting children grooming products. Our shop location is our education system in pakistan essay, obviously important. Animal , Pet , Pet store 1004 Words | 5 Pages.

If I were a bird ! As a little bird -maybe a nightingale or an innocent dove-if I were born on this earth, I would have been very . happy. As a nightingale, I would be adored by soton phd thesis, the people for my sweet songs. I would have built my tiny nest on the top branch of a tree. My nest would give shelter to me and my brethren. From the top of the tree, I could see the greenery of the fields, the flowing rivers and our education system in pakistan essay the far horizon. In a storm, my nest would be swung to and fro, without being detached from the. Bird , Bird migration , Human 1125 Words | 3 Pages. The global pet food industry has witnessed record growth highs over the past 10 years, reports Global Industry Analysts.

The pet . food sector is among the fastest-growing sectors within the food industry. The pet food market will continue to record strong growth due to factors such as urbanization, rising levels of english disposable incomes, particularly in developing countries, a growing pet population and evolving consumer attitudes. Consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the health benefits. 2007 pet food recalls , Association of American Feed Control Officials , Food 700 Words | 3 Pages. BENEFITS OF HAVING PETS 1. Decreases stress In a 2002 study at State University of New York at Buffalo, researchers found that when . conducting a stressful task, people experienced less stress when their pets were with them than when a spouse, family member or close friend was nearby. Promises Treatment Centers, which specializes in addiction, not only recommends its patients consider getting a pet , but even allows pets in its rehabilitation facilities, according to Dr. David Sack, CEO of Promises.

Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder , Blood sugar , Cortisol 1069 Words | 3 Pages. If I were a bird If I were a bird , I would like to be one of the small species, cute and beautiful. I would love to be a tiny . maina who is beautiful, tiny and above all, it is system, a bird that man can keep as a pet . I would love to stay with men, study their ways and enjoy their company. This I would be able to do with men as, God has given the maina a power of speech just like men. Spm? It talks like a human being, has a sweet voice and, above all also has a great capacity to learn whatever it is system in pakistan, taught.

Allahabad , Bird , Education 1421 Words | 4 Pages. Pet Peeve Essay Joel Carlos . English If i had to patriot, say that i have a pet peeve, or something that i feel gets really on my nurves it would have to be people that use Cell phones with total disreguard for our education system essay, the people around them that are forced to listen to their one sided conversations against their will. Level? Dont get me wrong, i think the advances. Bluetooth , Cellular network , Communication 439 Words | 3 Pages. English 1101 Essay #4 Cats make the perfect pet I have heard the old saying that dogs are man’s best friend. Our Education? I don’t know much . about dogs, but I do know a lot about cats. I have had a cat as a pet for at least 30 years. They are wonderful and sports I know I will always have one in my life. I think cats make the perfect pet because they are self sufficient, intelligent, and good companions.

The first reason I think that cats make the perfect pet is because they are self sufficient. System Essay? Cats. Cat , Cat communication , Cat intelligence 978 Words | 3 Pages. We all have a desire to own and care for a pet as children, many families in todays society do in fact have one or even multiple household . pets that they love and embrace as part of the on the patriot family. Unfortunately I never had the satisfaction of system in pakistan essay having a pet , preferably a dog, in my family, but because of this I can compare cats and dogs impartially. I chose to compare cats and dogs because I believe they are the most common and interactive household pets that one can have. Cats have been traced back.

Cat , Cosmopolitan species , Dog 980 Words | 3 Pages. Birds The earliest birds of which we have any record were descended from reptiles and lived about sports day essay a hundred and thirty . million years ago. These first birds had tails like lizards and our education in pakistan teeth in essays on the patriot their jaws. Over a period of many millions of years, the wings developed at the expense of the tail and the teeth disappeared. Thus birds as we know the today have evolved. They now differ very much from reptiles and it is only because of the research of zoologists one hundred years ago, that they were. Bird , Bird migration , Chicken 944 Words | 3 Pages. My Pet For the our education system in pakistan past year my family and I have cared for my Betta, Ghost. Ghost is a Veil Tail . Betta, the most common type of fish in the Betta class.

My pet is easily forgotten because he blends into his home so well. This Betta has an attitude like most males and is not afraid to show it. Soton Phd Thesis? I would like to share details about Ghost's habitat and our education essay unique characteristic. Ghost's one bedroom abode is a one gallon pentagon tank. Ghost's home is soton phd thesis, filled with filtered water set at room temperature. Color , Fishkeeping , Gourami 407 Words | 2 Pages. The advantages and disadvantages of system in pakistan having the pets. Vu Research and level essay Study Skills THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF HAVING PETS . With the development of society, people have more . System In Pakistan Essay? demanding. So that, most people discuss the importance of staying healthy and living longer by diet, work, and exercise. But they do not know besides work, they need to keep their spirit in optimism and love life.

In the modern life, pets become popular with many households. Literary Essay? Since, pets are loyal friends. They also support a lot of things for in pakistan essay, people life such as. Chimpanzee , Dog , Exotic pet 2458 Words | 7 Pages. What are pet rocks? Pet Rocks were a 1970s collectible conceived in Los Gatos, California by advertising executive Gary Dahl. On Elsewhere? . Contents [hide] 1 Development 2 Marketing 3 Availability 4 References 5 External links [edit]Development In April 1975, Dahl was in a bar (which is our education system in pakistan essay, now Beauregard Vineyards Tasting room in children Bonny Doon) listening to his friends complain about our education system essay their pets . This gave him the on gay couples idea for the perfect pet : a rock.[1] A rock would not need to our education in pakistan, be fed, walked, bathed, groomed.

Los Gatos, California , Pet Rock 1183 Words | 4 Pages. In our lives, some people need pet as their ‘friends’. For me, I choose cat as my pet cat. My cat . named Puteh. It has a pair of blue round eyes. Essays On Elsewhere? Usually, at night in the dark it’s eyes will blazed red. It has two pairs of bright pink paws and light pink nose. Puteh loves it when I pat him on his back. Our Education System In Pakistan Essay? Yesterday, I met again with the veterinarian.

Before, he advised me to put Puteh on literary, a good diet. Putih seems overweight. He does not like to eat too much, I think Puteh just lacks. Cat , Cats , English-language films 499 Words | 2 Pages. they need for constant activity. In your Lovebirds cage, you should provide perches where they can comfortably stand, and work as their exercise. You must . provide them a lot of toys to prevent them from boredom and stress. They love cage mirrors, bird swings and cage ladders. Also keep a cuttle bone in your Lovebirds cage at all times as a beak conditioner and good addition for your list. Lovebirds need a variety of foods to keep them healthy.

You might want to add to your Lovebirds care list. Bird , Cage , Lovebird 1260 Words | 4 Pages. My dream is to live in system in pakistan a big detached house surrounded by a big garden full of flowers and trees. I wouldn't like to live in an apartment with . blocks of high essay flats and our education system essay rude neighbour’s making noise in the middle of the night. My dream house should be located outside the city, on the outskirts of town where I can find true peace and happiness. Therefore, my dream house should have the patriot characteristics that represent my spiritual world and personality with its location as well as its inner and outer design. British Columbia Interior , English-language films , Feeling 905 Words | 3 Pages.

Rs.200/- in favour of CDL-GITAM University, payable at our education essay, Visakhapatnam if the soton phd thesis application is downloaded from www.gitam.edu d. Date of Birth extract. System In Pakistan? . Declaration I hereby declare that all the information given above is true and I fully understand that my admission stands cancelled at any stage if it is discovered that I do not have the minimum prescribed qualification and / or any information supplied by me is found to sports, be false and inadequate. Further, I assure to our education in pakistan essay, be a disciplined student and soton phd thesis abide. Distance education , Education , Employment 417 Words | 2 Pages. Exotic Pets COM/156 August 5, 2012 Exotic Pets Some families face the difficult decision of whether or not bringing home . a pet would be a wise choice, and essay the impact it will make on phd thesis, all the members of the family. Their lives will be changed in many ways for in pakistan, both the spm pet and the owner, so making the right choice of the type of pet is crucial for in pakistan, a positive experience. The most popular selection among families is a dog. Essays On Elsewhere? The Amercian Pet Product Association (APPA) is a leading not-for-profit.

Dog , Exotic pet , Ferret 1480 Words | 4 Pages. General Purpose: To persuade Specific purpose: To persuade my audience that owning wild animals can be dangerous in the animal health and in pakistan . the owner’s life. Kindness? Central idea: Exotic animals should not be kept as pets . More and more people every day would rather have an exotic pet than a domestic animal. I. INTRODUCTION A. Attention getter 1. Show pictures of wild animals. 2. How many of you have ever said you wanted a pet monkey when you were at in pakistan essay, the zoo last time? Or imagined how neat.

Conservation biology , Dog , Exotic pet 877 Words | 4 Pages. My Dream House House is a place where we can shelter and spm it gives us a protection from system in pakistan rain, heat, storm etc. Literary? Everyone has their own choice . on our education system in pakistan, what type of house they feel comfortable to live in, so do I. I enjoy living in a calm and open environment, so house built on small land (I'm not sure what you mean by essays on the patriot, 'small land' here) won't be my choice. Our Education System In Pakistan? I want a large open space surrounded by alibis essays on elsewhere, compound, where I can stroll, especially when I feel bored on at my job. I want a garden in front of my house. Apartment , English-language films , Feeling 2454 Words | 7 Pages. Pet Therapy What is Pet Therapy? Pet Therapy is an area that has received increased attention in our education in pakistan . therapeutic recreation. Literary Essay Complicated Kindness? In recent years, the experts have been relying on pet therapy as a valuable aid in reaching out to the elderly, the infirm, and to ill or abused children through-out the country.” Pet Therapy is the commonly used term for animal-assisted therapy (AAT), animal-assisted activities (AAA) and pet visitation.” It is also recognized at hospitals around the system in pakistan essay country as.

Dog , Health care , Medicine 1421 Words | 5 Pages. ? My Dream Home My dream home is phd thesis, very lovely. It is nestled in the United Kingdom. It is an English style cottage in the . Our Education System In Pakistan Essay? country side. It is completely made of gray stone. All of the stones were carefully hand selected. The roof is the most beautiful thatched roof you've ever seen.

Outside are many flowers, flowering bushes, and trees. There is essay complicated, a stream nearby. Our Education System In Pakistan? Beside the stream is a huge, gracefully standing willow tree. The tree is complete with a small wooden swing. Color , Molding , Rose 510 Words | 3 Pages. Pets are animals that have been kept as pets by people of the world for phd thesis, thousands of years. In Pakistan? The most common pets . are dogs, cats, parakeets, canaries, and fish.

But many people keep unusual pets , such as raccoons, skunks, alligators, and monkeys. Many Japanese children tame mice and teach them to essays on gay couples adopting children, dance to music. In Pakistan? Australian children sometimes make pets of kangaroos. Literary Essay? Pets can make interesting, playful companion. In Pakistan Essay? People enjoy teaching them to do tricks to essay, obey commands. They must see that their pets . Africa , Famine , Hunger 1116 Words | 3 Pages. cannot stick to the core theme of the story. Although Maurier’s “The Birds ” and our education system Hitchcock’s The Birds have similar plot . Literary? structures, the short story version is more entertaining because of lack of romance, more concise beginning, and ambiguous ending. There is a gathering of external plot points added to our education system in pakistan essay, The Birds film. For starters, The Birds is more of a romance movie with some bird conflict along the way whereas “The Birds ” short story focuses more on the suspense aspect of the plot. Since.

2007 films , Alfred Hitchcock , Daphne du Maurier 954 Words | 3 Pages. ?Melanie’s Experience in couples adopting children Bodega Bay Tweet Tweet! Caw Caw!! In the movie, “ Birds ”, by Alfred Hitchcock, the birds are attacking . because Melanie Daniel’s location defines when and where the birds attack. The birds begin acting strange upon her arrival, and there are behavior changes at her stay. When leaving Bodega Bay, the birds become normal again. The birds first develops nascence and start attacking Melanie Daniels when she first arrives at Bodega Bay.

Before she arrives to the small town, Melanie. Alfred Hitchcock , Attack , Attack! 1307 Words | 6 Pages. thoughts on obtaining an animal from an animal shelter were, what factors do they look at when choosing a pet , and what are the benefits and . Our Education Essay? draw backs of adopting an animal from a shelter? Another research question was how the condition of the soton phd thesis animal shelter affects people’s decision to in pakistan essay, adopt. We wanted to on elsewhere, know if the condition of the system essay shelter deters or helps a person’s decision to adopt a pet from them because if it does then it is something that the shelter can work on literary essay complicated, improving. While these all. Adoption , Animal shelter , Dog 2698 Words | 7 Pages.

The Golden Bird A certain king had a beautiful garden, and in the garden stood a tree which bore golden apples. Our Education In Pakistan? These apples were always . counted, and high level essay about the our education in pakistan essay time when they began to grow ripe it was found that every night one of them was gone. The king became very angry at this, and ordered the gardener to keep watch all night under the tree. The gardener set his eldest son to watch; but about twelve o’clock he fell asleep, and in the morning another of the apples was missing. Then the essay second. Horse , Son , Sonic the Hedgehog 2 2531 Words | 5 Pages. will be able to our education, read, enjoy and learn from. Comments by other ppl The most interesting, and the most outwardly supernatural or fantastical, story was . The Jewbird. A ragged, crow-like bird seeks refuge with a family while running from soton some “Anti-Semeets”. Generally, I got the impression that the bird was supposed to be the old Jewish grandfather that the grandkids really like but the adults just tolerate and have to take care of. They don’t treat him very well, especially the father, even.

Bernard Malamud , Bird , Columbia University alumni 1594 Words | 5 Pages. adoptable. They are just put down because nobody is willing to adopt them and the shelters are running out of money and space to keep them. Our Education Essay? The percent of high level . animals being euthanized is our education system in pakistan essay, increasing. Due to the economy more people are surrendering their pets because they can no longer afford to kindness, keep them. The amount of animals in shelters are increasing and causing animals to be killed sooner with hardly any time to our education in pakistan, be adopted. Not all shelters are humane about the way they euthanize their animals. When. Animal shelter , Cat , Dog 875 Words | 3 Pages. An Experience That Changed My Life Essay.

be an experience that they have gone thru and learned from. In my case it wasn’t necessarily an experience, it was a dog that changed . my perception on life. My mind and heart was opened in a whole new way. I never thought I could love an animal just as much as I loved the day essay people in my life. In Pakistan Essay? I always thought it was strange that pet owners loved and treated their pets the same way they treated their children. My perception on dogs or pets in general definitely changed. Throughout this paper you will. Dog , Dog health , Dogs 1052 Words | 3 Pages. Instructor: Melissa Dowd December 10th, 2013 Caged Bird ---this essay is essays on the act, talking about the differences of being caged . and being free.

The author uses a lot of descriptive words to let the readers feel the system in pakistan essay story that the author is trying to tell. I truly do like the way the author uses descriptive words allow me to use my imagination to see the story in day essay its entirety. I can close my eyes and see the how the bird looks and feels from the amazing usage of descriptive words the author. Capital accumulation , I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings , Maya Angelou 1008 Words | 3 Pages. about the first time I got a pet . my name is Hugo Lambrechts and here is our education in pakistan, where it all began. Alibis On Elsewhere? Last night at around 12:00 pm I was . about to go to bed when I saw a present on my bed from my Mom .When I opened my gift I saw a toy elephant inside. Our Education System Essay? I saw it and I stared for level essay, quite some time, took a big breath and smiled. Our Education System In Pakistan Essay? When I was about to go to bed I was dreaming of having a pet elephant and essays on elsewhere how it would be to system, have an essays patriot act, elephant for our education system, a pet . The next morning, it was my birthday! I jumped for joy. 2000s music groups , Bus , English-language films 557 Words | 2 Pages.

CASE 14-1 PET GROOM amp; CLEAN (PGamp;C) SUMMARY David Green is the manager of Store 88 of Pet Groom amp; Clean . (PGamp;C). Bonus program of PGamp;C will reward store managers who improve their performance over alibis essays, that of the budget 20% or more. In 2010, David implemented some changes in price and promotion in order to cut costs and increase revenue. He decreased price on our education in pakistan, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday to get more customers and essays on gay adopting children increase price on Friday, Saturday, and our education in pakistan Monday to balance the promotion. Contribution margin , Cost , Costs 895 Words | 4 Pages. Positive Effects of Pets in a Family. to achieve. Pets can have a positive effect on patriot, children in a family because the our education in pakistan pets help develop interpersonal traits necessary . later in life, pets help children grow emotionally, and pets can help keep the level essay family’s immune system healthy. System In Pakistan Essay? Choosing to add a pet into the family could be a pivotal choice in the family’s growth. Pets may help develop important traits like responsibility, self-confidence, and communication and relationship skills.

The most recognizable trait that pets can teach children. Asthma , Cat , Dog 1020 Words | 3 Pages. with the essay complicated kindness birds The human being is a social creature with an essential need to socialize, but in our modern society many people feel that they . are isolated and our education system essay lonely in a world surrounded by people. Essay? The people of modern society are prejudice and judgmental towards the system in pakistan ‘unknown’ person, and we will rather observe and assume things about each other than getting to know one another. This is also the literary complicated kindness case for our education system essay, the main character and her neighbors in Joanne Harris novel ‘Tea with the birds ’ from 2001. Bird , Caffeine , Green tea 1136 Words | 3 Pages. interviewee: Elderly women in her fifties Empty nester- no kids Has 13 cats at home There are 300 cats on campus.

This is the fourth time . somebody brought it to me. He has got a collar with at tag on high essay, him saying my home is UTA. Anyway we do a lot of rescuing on campus. My husband’s second job, he works at a vet clinic. Our Education Essay? The vet clinic he works for has a kitten that somebody just brought in and dumped, he has three of them home. We have plenty of them at home. He has got three from the soton clinic. Cat , Dog , Fish 1362 Words | 6 Pages. ?Shayra Lafuente Mr.

Franco Junior English 5 December 2012 Exotic Animals As Pets According to HSUS, the our education essay human society of the United . Sports Day Essay Spm? States, wild animal trade is a multi-billion business, following to drugs and weaponries on the black market. System? It is a fifteen billion dollar industry in America alone. Children? Keeping wild animals as pets not only risks your life but the people around you too. Not to mention, the animal itself and our education system essay the environment. There has been numerous cases where the level english essay animal. Biodiversity , Conservation biology , Endangered species 930 Words | 3 Pages. ? Pet Photography Feasibility Analysis Owners and their beloved pets , this is what makes our world go around. In Pakistan? I am aware that . there are many photographic studios, at either end of the spectrum, which will consider photographing a pet . However, they do not openly welcome your furry family members. On The Patriot Act? At Little’s Pet Photography, pets are our only business. Our Education Essay? It is phd thesis, dedicated to capturing a moment you can remember forever to preserve a special relationship.

With a few years of experience of a photographer. Accounting software , Accounts receivable , Business 1988 Words | 6 Pages. (also known as the Common Myna) was introduced into Australia in the late 1860s to control insects but has become a huge problem in cities and urban centres. . Mynas have more recently invaded open forest areas on system, the Coast of NSW, threatening native bird and level hollow-dwelling animal populations. There are Indian Myna hot spots on the Mid North Coast. Our Education In Pakistan? Hastings Landcare, Manning Landcare and the Great Lakes Network have received a grant fromthe Hunter- Central Rivers Catchment Management Authority and. Acridotheres , Bird , Bird feeder 1337 Words | 4 Pages.

Jeff Kampinga Why Pet owners Should Spay/Neuter Their Pet Topic: National Organization: Problem/Solution Specific . Purpose: I would like my audience to understand the importance of spaying/neutering their pets . Phd Thesis? I. Introduction A. System In Pakistan? Attention Getter: Each day 10,000 humans are born in spm the U.S. - and each day 70,000 puppies and kittens are born. As long as these birth rates exist, there will never be enough homes for all the our education system in pakistan animals. B. Relevance: These are not just the essays couples adopting children offspring of. AB 1634 , Animal welfare , Castration 634 Words | 3 Pages. ? Things that personally get on my nerves Pet peeve essay LaShawn Clark Have you ever walked out of a . public place such as a store, doctor’s office, or even a restaurant directly into a huge cloud of smoke?

Maybe even just sitting at the traffic light and a huge gust of cigarette smoke enters your window? How about the designated cigarette receptacles that are located right in front of an entrance or exit? What if your child took the time to in pakistan, hold a door for a stranger. Cigarette , Debut albums , Family 1244 Words | 6 Pages. Wild Animals as Pets “Between 13,000 and 2,500 B.C., humans domesticated dogs, cats, cattle, goats, horses, and high level english essay sheep from their wild . counterparts. Although the terms taming and our education in pakistan essay domestication are often used interchangeably, they are not the phd thesis same.

Individual wild animals can be tamed to our education system, behave in on gay couples adopting a docile manner around humans. By contrast, domestication is system essay, a process that takes place with an entire animal species over many generations.” (libraryindex.com) Humans began domesticating large animals. Biodiversity , Conservation biology , Domestication 2495 Words | 7 Pages. Persuasive Speech Topic: Pet Overpopulation Epidemic General Purpose: To persuade. Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience . that the public is to blame for the pet overpopulation epidemic. Central Idea: In order to control the level overwhelming population of homeless pets , we need to stop throwing our “family friends” away. There are 1.5 dogs and cats put to sleep every second 4-6 million dogs and system cats are euthanized every year, states the Humane Society. Adopting? The pet overpopulation epidemic has.

Animal shelter , Cat , Dog 1534 Words | 4 Pages. life? Then get pets ! I must admit it is hard to believe that domesticated animals can promote mental and physical health, but many studies have . shown that they can. On the other hand, you must find a pet that is compatible with you or with your life style. brbrMaintaining good mental health is crucial for living a normal life. System In Pakistan Essay? Many psychiatrists have found that patients with anger management problems can be calmer with a pet around the house.

Sometimes, just the literary feel of a pet in the house can. Animal , Bird , Dog 552 Words | 2 Pages. Why should we have pets ? (More reasons) 1. What are the reasons why pets should be allowed in the Marco Polo building? * . Pets make loyal, lovable friends * Pets teach you how to take care of others * Pets teach you about responsibility * A pet can help you learn about animals * Playing with pets can make you feel happy * Having a pet can keep you from feeling lonely or depressed * Pets are good for our education in pakistan, your health * Your whole family can share the benefits of. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder , Cortisol , Dog 1688 Words | 5 Pages. Speech: The Importance of Vaccinating Your Pets Specific purpose: At the end of my speech the audience will be able to walk . away with a renewed understanding of why vaccines are important, and what to and what not to give as vaccines to essays patriot act, their pets . System? INTRODUCTION Old Yeller was a favorite childhood movie of mine, and some of you out there might know the literary essay kindness movie I am talking about.

But if not here’s a little overview for you it’s about system in pakistan essay a boy taking care of the family farm and an old yellow lab appears. Vaccination , Vaccine 887 Words | 2 Pages. of pet shop, and they?fve alwaays seemed to be cute, happy, friendly, clean places. That?fs why, on a recent Sunday afternoon, I stopped in a . pet shop for to see pets . I?fd been visiting my friends, whom I talked about phd thesis cute pets , and saw that we were favorite pets . A pets shop, however, was not the place I had impression-it was different. br brEven the outside of the our education system in pakistan pet shop was dirty. These were much kind of birds in cage they showed in front of the shop, which looked like a zoo. A pet shop. Dog , Dog health , Dogs 434 Words | 2 Pages. and Frost both write about birds . Compare and contrast two poems, one by essays on the, each poet, taking account of the system in pakistan essay methods (the situation of the . speaker, and the form, structure and sports language, including imagery and system tones) which each poet uses to write about birds . Both Edward Thomas and Robert Frost write about birds in their poems ‘The Owl’ and ‘The Oven Bird ’. Essays? ‘The Oven Bird ’ by our education essay, Robert Frost was written in essays 1916 and published in the Mountain Interval.

It is a poem about an Oven Bird who sits on system in pakistan essay, a tree on a. Bird , Poetry , Rhyme 1115 Words | 3 Pages. The Effects of Owning a Pet There seems to on elsewhere, be more of us trying to improve our overall health and well-being. Discovering new ways to . System In Pakistan? improve our lives, weather it is emotionally, physically or mentally. All of literary kindness which are important to living a healthy life. In this essay, I will discuss a few of the our education in pakistan essay many benefits of owning a pet . Showing you all the on gay adopting benefits of your furry companion, you have waiting for you at home. System In Pakistan? I will begin with how owning a cat or dog has been shown in numerous ways.

Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder , Better , Cat 912 Words | 3 Pages.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
Картинки по запросу our education system in pakistan essay

The Depiction of in pakistan, Lord Capulet in Romeo Juliet. Set in the city of high level essay, Verona during the 12th/13th century, Romeo and Juliet, is a typical love story by William Shakespeare with a tragedy twist. When Romeo Montague and his friends gate-crash Lord Capulet’s party, the our education essay last thing he imagined he would do is find the love of his life, Juliet. After realising Romeo is the son of her father’s sworn enemy they decide to keep their relationship secret and get married behind her families back. When Romeo’s best friend Mercutio is stabbed and killed by Juliet’s cousin Tybalt, Romeo kills Tybalt and is declared banished. Meanwhile, Juliet’s father, Lord Capulet, decides to alibis essays cheer his daughter up by allowing her to our education system essay marry Paris, though unknown to him, she is already married. Severely wanting to get out of this marriage and with her husband, Romeo, in literary essay complicated kindness, a different town, Juliet seeks assistance from the priest, father Lawrence, who hands her a ‘poison’ which will mimic death for 24 hours, after her funeral she would be placed into our education essay, a vault and when she awakes from her deep sleep her and Romeo would be able to run away to be together. Need essay sample on The Depiction of phd thesis, Lord Capulet in Romeo Juliet ? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $12.90/page. Romeo is unaware of this plan as he is out when the messenger arrives so when his friend Balthasar learns of the our education system in pakistan essay death he immediately travels to tell Romeo. With Romeo thinking his love is dead he takes the risk of going back to Verona to essays couples adopting children say his final farewell to Juliet, when he arrives he is automatically spotted and the police, once Romeo had purchased poison he makes his way to our education essay the church. Soon enough, father Lawrence learns that Romeo has no idea Juliet is literary essay complicated kindness, actually still alive.

Inside the church Romeo drinks the system poison which begins to soton kill him.. Our Education System Essay? just as Juliet begins to wake, she realizes it’s too late and takes his gun to patriot her head, Killing her instantly. Act 1 scene 1, we see several men from two families (the Capulet’s and the Montague’s) take part in a fight led by Tybalt, a Capulet and Juliet’s cousin, and Benvolio, Romeo’s cousin and our education system, therefore a Montague. This is essays act, where we get the feel of absolute hatred between the two families. A loathing which has been passed down through generations, started between Lord Capulet, an overpowering and very controlling man and Lord Montague and system, equally powerful man. We are first introduced to soton Lord Capulet when he gets involved in a fight between Sampson, Gregory Benvolio and Tybalt. He is shown to be aggressive and confrontational because he says ‘What noise is this? Give me long sword ho! ’ as soon and he arrives. Which could indicate he doesn’t think about what he says and can be immature as well as how willing he is to get involved in the pointless feud, this is until Prince informs them ‘Once more, on pain of death, all men depart’ which implies if there is another street both Lord Capulet, Lord Montague and any other men involved will be executed, This is our education, when Lord Capulet’s mood changes and he becomes calm.

In Act 1 scene 2 Lord Capulet seems calm and willing to make peace with Lord Montague, we know this because he says ‘… ‘tis not hard, I think for men so old as we to on gay couples adopting keep the peace. In Pakistan Essay? ’ ‘… _we_ to keep the peace’ This shows he is trying to approach Lord Montague in an equal and friendly manor as he accepts there cannot be any more violent outbreaks in the streets anymore. We next see Lord Capulet in the Capulet household in the midst of high english, a party when he is calmly talking to Paris about his daughter Juliet. Women in our education system in pakistan, the Elizabethan age could refuse marriage but would be disowned by their families. In the beginning of Romeo and Juliet, Lord Capulet thinks Juliet is ‘too young’ and ‘still a stranger to level the world’ . This is our education in pakistan essay, showing himself to be a very caring and loving father, this could be because he has no other children and could also be the reason he treats Tybalt like the son he never had. He refuses Prince the hand of his daughter because he doesn’t want to lose her yet, he goes on to change his mind later in the story. In the next scene Romeo Montague gatecrashes the Capulet’s party, Lord Capulet appears to soton phd thesis be very respected by Tybalt because when Romeo is spotted and threatened by him, Lord Capulet looks at him and our education system, says “Content thee, Gentle coz, let him alone;” He goes on to say “Here in my house do him no disparagement; Therefore be patient, take no note of him; It is my will, the alibis which if thou respect”. This is showing himself to be a fair man, treating his family and in pakistan essay, his enemy’s son the same and shows that he is clever, powerful and respected as he doesn’t want to make a scene in public and in essays on elsewhere, front of his friends and our education system in pakistan essay, family, Surprisingly Tybalt doesn’t go against his word at all, he listens and respects the wishes of essay kindness, his uncle. Shakespeare is showing this man to be kind and rational, we make a judgment at system in pakistan essay, this stage.

on how he isn’t reacting to the fact Romeo is his the essay son of his arch-rival. In this scene Lord Capulet also compliments Romeo by calling him ‘A virtuous and well governed youth’ which shows how relaxed he is about the young Montague’s presence because we couldn’t imagine him complimenting an enemy in such a way. By the next point in the story, Tybalt and Mercutio are dead and we start to get an idea of what sort of a man Lord Capulet really is. In Act 3 Scene 4 he changes his mind and allows Prince to marry Juliet for a few reasons i. e. He wants her to be married and settled to a man he approves of, He wants to essay be proud of her, He wants her to be married to a man who has money, is generous, powerful and respected … not knowing that she is already married to Romeo. After Tybalt is killed we know Juliet is devastated because she locks herself in her room, only letting Romeo in because he appears on her balcony, unbeknown to on gay couples children her father. We also know Tybalt’s death isn’t the only reason for her upset the other reason she is in our education, such shock is the fact her ‘true love’, Romeo, is the reason for Tybalt’s death although her father doesn’t know , if he knew Romeo and Juliet were married she would be disowned by him and the rest of their family. On Gay Couples Adopting Children? Lord Capulet decides to bring the our education system in pakistan essay wedding forward in order to cheer her up, we know this because he says ‘She loved her kinsman Tybalt dearly’, He sees the wedding of his only child an opportunity to sports spm lift the mood after such death in the family. Unfortunately Juliet doesn’t want to our education system essay marry Prince because she is in love with the now banished, Romeo. When Lady Capulet tells Juliet of level english essay, her husband’s plans for her to be wed ‘early next Thursday morn’ she is surprised but refuses and tells her mother ‘When I do marry, I swear, It shall be Romeo, whom you know I hate, rather than Paris’ , We can tell from this sentence that she hasn’t told her mother of her relationship with Romeo and system in pakistan essay, that her mother thinks Juliet hates Romeo for killing Tybalt.

As Lord Capulet enters her room he immediately describes her body as a ‘fountain’ and says ’in one little body thou counterfeit’s a bark, a sea, a wind, For thy eyes, which I may call the sea, Do ebb and flow with tears. Thy bark thy body is, Sailing in literary kindness, this salt flood. Our Education System Essay? Thy winds thy sighs…’ Which shows us he is soton phd thesis, concerned about her and her wellbeing, showing him to system essay be a caring father for a split-second. He is angered when he hears that she will not be. marrying Paris and disowns her straightaway, he says unforgivable things to day essay spm her such as ‘Out, you green sickness, carrion! Out you baggage! You tallow face’ he also calls her a ‘Disobedient wretch’ He goes on to say ‘Get thee to church o’ Thursday, Or never after look me in the face’ , so he’s saying she either marries Paris or she’ll lose her father, She has to make the decision. Our Education? There is a suggestion of physical violence when Lord Capulet exclaims ‘My fingers itch. ’ Implying he wants to hit her for disrespecting him by disagreeing with him. He reminds her of the importance of family and marrying to obtain a high status, we know this because he says ‘And having now provided A gentleman of A noble parentage, Of fair demesnes, youthful and sports day essay spm, nobly trained, stuffed as they say, with honorable parts’ he describes Paris in this way because he is trying to our education in pakistan persuade Juliet to marry him, its as if he doesn’t want to phd thesis disown her. Lord Capulet decides that she can ‘No longer house with me’ unless she marries Paris and he would rather see her beg, starve and die in our education system in pakistan essay, the streets than live with her if she doesn’t go through with the marriage.

Lord Capulet’s behavior in essays on gay couples, this scene shocks us because we are used to seeing him as a caring and system in pakistan, loving father towards Juliet and we don’t expect him to go this far when she refuses because he has seemed like a calm man in previous scenes. It’s sad to level essay see his behavior change this dramatically towards her because a father should look out for his daughter. It’s also sad to see because it was his decision and she hasn’t had a choice in the matter at all and the feud between the Montague’s and Capulet’s was started between the two fathers so it isn’t Juliet’s fault and she should be able to system in pakistan essay see Romeo if she wants to. During the play, the language Lord Capulet uses to literary describe Juliet changes a lot. In the beginning of the play he describes her as ‘still a stranger to system in pakistan the world’ and ‘too young to marry’ which shows he is a caring father. He is looking out for his daughter and by saying she is too young to marry, he is trying to essays on the protect her from growing up too fast. His behavior towards her changes vastly when she refuses to system essay marry Paris possibly because he has spent time trying to protect her and now she throws it back in his face by essays children, disagreeing with him. Although Lord Capulet is essay, unaware of the fact she is already married, she has just delayed being disowned by her father by couples adopting children, keeping her marriage to Romeo a secret. We notice the change immediately. because one minute he’s describing her sadness and acting like he cares about our education system, her enough to be concerned about her happiness and then he change into a stubborn and, what seems like, a care-free father . We notice the adopting change when he says ‘What is this? “Proud” and “I thank you” and “I thank you not” And yet not “proud”?

Mistress minion you. ’ We don’t think he is capable of disowning his only child but he continues to call her ‘Baggage’ and ‘Green sickness’ which shows just how upset and our education system, angry he is essays on gay children, with her. He uses harsh words by saying ‘An you be mine, I’ll give you my friend. An you be not, Hang, beg, starve, die in the streets, For, my soul, I’ll ne’er acknowledge thee, Nor what is essay, mine shall never do thee good’ saying he no longer will want anything to do with her if she doesn’t marry Paris and he would rather see her beg, starve and die on the streets rather than give her somewhere to live and he’ll never want anything to soton phd thesis do with her, however if she agrees to system in pakistan marry Paris then he will forgive her for disagreeing and she can stay living there etc. Act 4 scene 5, When Juliet is found ‘dead’ in her bedroom , Lord Capulet appears to be grief-stricken and spm, genuinely upset even though he had said he would disown her if she didn’t marry Paris. His sadness over rules his power in this scene as he turns to our education system in pakistan essay Lady Capulet and soton, says ‘ O Heaven! O wife, Look how our daughter bleeds! ’ showing that he is so upset, he doesn’t care about how he appears to our education essay anyone else. We realise he doesn’t see how he is partly responsible for her ‘death’ by forcing her into high level english essay, a marriage just to bring joy to our education system in pakistan essay himself, not in fact thinking at all about what Juliet would want. If he had realised this, we may be able to feel more sympathetic towards him as he would have probably been really upset and angry with himself which, in turn, could have saved his daughter’s life when she awoke.

When she does awake to find Romeo had poisoned himself, oblivious to the fact Juliet wasn’t dead at all, she shoots herself in the head with his gun so as they can be together after all, even if that means in alibis essays, a different life. We notice that Lord Capulet realises the feud between the system essay two families have been to blame for alibis essays the two lovers’ deaths because he offers Lord Montague his hand and overall peace between the Montague’s and Capulet’s, Again showing the loving and caring fatherly side to our education in pakistan essay himself. Throughout the soton phd thesis entire play Lord Capulet’s mood varies between a loving, concerned father and an angry, heartless, powerful man. System In Pakistan? There are 4 main points in literary essay, his behaviour. In the beginning he comes across as a powerful man when he takes part in a fight , his attitude in this scene is our education system in pakistan, limited as he seems to be this man who is only interested in showing the essays Montague family who owns the city. When he engages in a conversation with Paris about marrying Juliet, he becomes more of a caring father and try’s to look out for her by saying she is ‘Too young’ to marry and although he says she is ‘still a stranger to him? which suggests that he has doubts about her loyalty to him and this also shows an our education absence of trust in her. The next main point is when he changes again to become an angry and somewhat cold man, we think this because he feels let down and his fears of loyalty towards him are true to an extent.

He decides to on gay couples adopting disown her as a daughter unless she marries Paris because he feels let down and he obviously though he was doing right by her. He says he would rather see her beg and die on the streets than stay in our education system in pakistan, that house, he calls her ‘baggage’ which we can guess means she was a ‘mistake’. The last point we can gather how remorseful he is because he is totally overwhelmed with grief, we see the caring fatherly side to him for the last time in the final scene when the two lovers are found dead together in the chapel. Phd Thesis? We can tell he knows the our education feud has been the main reason for their deaths and rightly blames himself. We know how sorry he is when he offers peace to Lord Montague and we realise he has been a loving father and essays patriot act, husband all the way through the play, he just thinks what he is doing (i. e. feuds, arranged marriages etc. ) is all for the right reasons and he feels he is doing right by system in pakistan essay, his family.

He finally understands that his wants and Juliet’s wants were completely different and all that she wanted was irrelevant by him at the time. We feel sympathy for on the patriot him at this final point in the play because we can see how he realises everything now and it’s now too late to make up for the mistakes he has made, The only our education thing he can do is complicated, make peace with his rival. Lord Capulet chose his power over his family and by system essay, doing so, two young people ended up dying, making this the day essay perfect tragedy and essay, love story.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -

A Long Forgotten Sex Crime Held My Life Hostage. In the system essay winter of 2012, as my fiftieth birthday approached, I began to write what turned into my autobiography, a look at essays couples children, my own life through the lens of our education in pakistan food. Soton? In it, I told the truth about my father beating my mother, my math teacher molesting me, my marital problems, all without anger or overdramatization. I tried to paint these powerful male figures in system my life as human, fallible, and complex, with problems of their own. Where's your rage? a friend asked when she read the section about my teacher.

That fucker molested you! I'm not angry, I told her, feeling strangely agitated. It's just another thing that happened to me. I don't want to give it undue weight. On The Patriot Act? I used my father's and our education, ex-husband's real names, but I changed my teacher's. What was the point of literary essay kindness identifying him? What good could come of it? He was in his seventies now.

The past was over. Then, when my memoir, Blue Plate Special , came out in July 2013, I got booked—to my amazement and excitement—on National Public Radio's Fresh Air . They like to go into the dark stuff, my publicist pointedly warned me. So be prepared for that. In Pakistan Essay? It's a book about food, I said, laughing. What could they possibly find to talk about that I have to be prepared for? I sat down in the small NPR affiliate station in Portland, Maine, where I live, put on the headphones in the dark studio, bellied up to complicated, the mike, and there was Dave Davies' famous voice in my ear, asking me to read a section from my book: the part in which my father attacked my mother, punching her and pulling her hair, when I was a toddler, over a breakfast of soft-boiled eggs. With a strange sense of system dislocated dread, I read the scene aloud, trying not to let my voice shake from the literary kindness remembered scariness. Davies asked me how witnessing something as traumatic as that had affected me throughout my life. Our Education System? I didn't want to be my mother; I didn't want to be the person who got beaten up, I said. So I identified with the person who was doing the high level beating—my father. In Pakistan Essay? It was true: I had always adored my father, even after, at nine years old, I had to call the cops on essays couples children, him while he beat my mother and watched him being led away in handcuffs and our education system in pakistan, pretty much out of my life forever.

In a family of all girls, I was always the boy in my mind—the protector, the masculine one. High Level Essay? No one would ever have to worry about me. Our Education System In Pakistan Essay? But it didn't make it any less hard to alibis on elsewhere, talk about. I kept waiting for Davies to change the subject, and he finally did. Your high school teacher molested you, he said. You were a victim. You were a victim : The words reverberated in our education in pakistan my head, and I could hear his certainty, his insistence, like a bloodhound on the scent of good radio. Was I? I said. I don't really identify that way. The rest of the interview passed in act a weird blur.

When it was over, I stumbled outside, where my boyfriend was waiting. How did you do? Brendan asked. I don't know, I said. He kept insisting that I was a victim. I didn't know what to say. I had been determined, all my life, not to fall victim to anything: not my father's physical abuse of my mother and total abandonment of my sisters and system, me, nor my math teacher's ongoing molestation of essays on the patriot act me in high school, nor my many adult years of our education severe alcohol abuse and bad choices. Anyway, none of it could hurt me, now that I'd found a good relationship, a stable professional life, a strong, warm community of friends and family. Soton Phd Thesis? I was also sure my self-destructive behavior was unconnected to system in pakistan essay, anything that had happened to me: I was a survivor, dammit. And it could have been so much worse. My father hit and punched my mother, not me.

He left us, but we still had our mother, the heroine. And my math teacher didn't actually have sex with me; he had sex with other girls. Soton? And he wasn't the only teacher at our education system in pakistan, that school who did it—there was a whole circle of sports spm abuse. I had gotten off easy and had no right, no cause, to view my prior adult life as anything but my own damn fault, my own doing. Telling myself this made me feel powerful and system essay, invincible, gave me a comforting sense of agency and alibis on elsewhere, free will. If I fell into one relationship after another with men who were either emotionally tuned out and unavailable or hotheaded and controlling, or both, it was because I was lacking in good sense about men. If I was chronically in debt, always drunk or hungover, unable to our education essay, jump-start my writing career, then I was incapable of making good decisions. No more, no less.

And it was no one's fault but mine. My first novel, In the alibis essays on elsewhere Drink , begun when I was 29 and floundering and published when I was 36 and married, was about a 29-year-old woman whose life was even more screwed up than my own had been. A number of readers complained when it was published. She's such a loser, one wrote. I hate reading about a smart, educated woman whose life is going off the rails. System In Pakistan? It's her own fault, but she does nothing to help herself, said another. To my grim satisfaction, this confirmed what I'd known all along: It was my own fault that, for sports day essay so many years, I had been stuck and I hadn't seen a way out. Worse than debt, bad relationships, and drunkenness, though, was the fact that my sexual fantasies scared me, and I couldn't seem to control or stop them. The only people I told were my husband and my best friend; they reassured me that we didn't have to feel guilty about our fantasies. Essay? They weren't real.

But my fantasies horrified me. In them, I was always a middle-aged man, and the object of my lust was always a girl. On Gay Couples Adopting Children? These young girls were never real to me, though: I never once identified with them. My psyche was fused to the man's. I was sickened and shocked by the depredations of my own sexual imagination. In real life, I had always been romantic, passionate, vanilla—what I thought of as normal.

But alone with my own sexuality, I was despicable. I scandalized myself. And I couldn't stop it. I even tried to come up with other, healthier fantasies—adultery, BDSM—hoping these lesser transgressions would do the our education system in pakistan trick, but they always morphed right back to me as a grown man. Essays Adopting? Orgasms were followed by system in pakistan essay self-loathing, shame, even fear. I knew I wasn't an abuser in real life. Sports Day Essay? I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. The schism between my romantic feelings and desires as a woman and my shameful sexual fantasies as a man widened in system in pakistan essay my twenties and thirties. I felt a persistent sexual angst and sadness. Sports Day Essay Spm? I never felt fully female. I had shut that part of myself down early in life—I knew that much, at least—but I couldn't let myself see the system essay connection with what had happened to me when I was 16.

By my early forties, this sense of on the patriot alienation and wrongness was so intense and our education essay, pervasive that I accepted it as my nature. Likewise, my distance from my own femaleness, my own sexuality, had begun to seem as if it were my lot in life—just how I was made. The older I got, though, the worse it became, and the more I began to feel hijacked, colonized. But I resolutely refused even to act, entertain the idea that my high school math teacher—that plump, bald, manipulative, seemingly affectionate, deeply destructive man who lived next door and took me for our education in pakistan essay nighttime walks—had done any lasting damage. Essays Act? I was stronger than he was. Like my father beating my mother, he was the weak one, the system one who couldn't control his urges. I was aware on some level that because I was so determined not to be his victim, I identified with him in my fantasies instead to appropriate his power for myself.

I even joked to soton phd thesis, my best friend that I had sexual Stockholm syndrome. But this realization didn't change or resolve anything. Although I was married, a published novelist with years of therapy under my belt, my fantasies were getting increasingly dark and bizarre. Sexually, I held myself back, felt myself performing—was this how women acted? I saw everything through my husband's eyes, vicariously feeling his pleasure instead of my own. My marriage lasted 12 years, most of them happy ones—at least on the surface.

But by the end, my life was going off the our education system rails again; I was experiencing severe panic attacks and drinking to excess. There it all was—the dark stuff I thought I'd outgrown. I was imploding, hurting myself instead of on the act facing the truth: I was desperately lonely in the marriage; admitting this felt like a failure and a defeat. I tried everything I could think of to stay. After I finally left my husband, I felt, in addition to grief and our education system in pakistan, sadness, deep relief and a gradual return to alibis, groundedness. My panic attacks stopped. Essay? I quit self-medicating with alcohol and out-of-control behavior. Spm? I woke up in the morning without a sense of heavy dread.

Feeling angry and bereft had become so habitual, so familiar, that the cessation of these feelings hit me with the force of a revelation. Some months later, I fell in love with Brendan, a calm, emotionally present younger man, and after spending 20 years in in pakistan New York, I left the sports day essay spm city for good. System? We bought a house in Portland, Maine, and phd thesis, embarked on a quiet, content, settled life together. But my deviant fantasies continued, and I was still afraid to let myself go sexually, still performing, focused on my partner's pleasure rather than my own. It seemed that no matter what I did or who I was with, I could never escape the our education essay pattern. On The Patriot Act? Writing about system in pakistan, it in my novels and autobiography didn't help. No therapist could help me get at soton phd thesis, the root of the problem. Even when I sat down to write the story of our education system essay my life, when I decided to change the teacher's name, I was pulling my punches. I was afraid of what might happen if I said too much; and, after all, it had taken place more than 30 years ago.

What was the point of digging up all that old, painful, confusing, weirdly shameful stuff? Surely we had all moved on, students and on the act, teachers alike. A few of the transgressors were dead; one had Alzheimer's, or so I'd heard through the alumni grapevine. Why resurrect the school-wide sexual abuse of so long ago? I had graduated in 1980. And I was over it. Then, about a week after the system NPR interview aired, I got an e-mail from the present head of my old high school. They wanted to adopting, talk to our education system, me about what I'd written and what I'd said on the radio.

They asked if we could meet in person as soon as was convenient for me. Instantly I was 16 again—scared, guilty, a trouble-maker, an sports day essay outsider. Our Education In Pakistan Essay? I couldn't answer right away—I stewed for a while. What did they want? Were they angry with me? Had I done something wrong? Not only were they not angry, they wanted to make restitution, to take full responsibility for the sexual abuse that had taken place. They had identified my math teacher from patriot act my description of him and our education in pakistan essay, had forbidden him from ever again contacting anyone connected with the on elsewhere school. A letter had gone out to the entire school community identifying him, referring to my book and interview.

The school not only believed my story, they supported me. Our Education System In Pakistan? Then they hired investigators who engaged in a thorough, aggressive inquiry into english what, it soon emerged, had been widespread sexual abuse among the school's teachers and students in the 1970s and '80s. They contacted alumni and students, past and present faculty, and community members. They connected the dots with yearbook pictures and cross-examinations. System In Pakistan Essay? In September 2013, an investigator flew to Iowa City, where I was teaching. Soton Phd Thesis? In the days before she arrived, I had a series of panic attacks, chewed my cuticles raw, and our education system essay, could neither sleep nor concentrate. When she arrived, I saw that she was kind, warm, but extremely professional, a little younger than I was, but of my generation: the perfect interlocutor for me to talk to essays couples children, about this.

She sat across from our education system me at my dining room table and english, waited for me to begin. It was so much worse for my friend, I began, and then, to my horror, I burst into hard, wrenching sobs, 35 years too late. Over the next five hours, I told her everything I knew: the students who were molested, the teachers and parents who violated our trust, my own experiences. And then I described the nights my math teacher showed up at the house where I lived, working as an au pair for room and system in pakistan, board, to invite me to take a walk with him. High Level English? It began innocently enough: He asked about my homesickness and depression, and our education in pakistan, I confided in him, flattered by his interest, desperate for attention and affection. He had a brusque kindness, a seemingly sympathetic manner. Literary Kindness? But then, in a dark field, he crushed me in a viselike hug, rubbed his hard-on against system essay, me, possibly came, although I didn't know for spm sure, kissed me on the mouth, laughed with sexual excitement when I struggled to break free, and held me even more tightly. Our Education In Pakistan? I told the investigator about literary, my total shame afterward, lying awake, feeling paralyzed, confused, and terrible. These walks went on through my junior year and into my senior year. I was unable to say no; I couldn't tell him to stop. He hadn't raped me.

He hadn't taken any clothes off, mine or his. But I knew, by her reaction, that he had abused me. I let myself know it too, for the first time in my life. He had abused my body, my sexuality, my trust, my vulnerability, my youth. He had abused his power as a teacher, an adult, a community leader, and a man.

I was 16, fatherless, far from system in pakistan home, insecure, and in need of warmth and affection. Alibis On Elsewhere? He was 36, married, a father, and system in pakistan, a respected, beloved, and upstanding community member. On Gay Couples Children? He was the Green Meadow Molester, a schoolmate e-mailed me the our education essay day after I wrote to tell him how the interview had gone. Essays On The Patriot Act? You blew the lid off the essay silence. You were the only one who spoke up.

I didn't blow the lid off on essay complicated, purpose, I wrote back. Dave Davies made me! You've done a good thing for so many people. You're heroic, he shot back. But I wasn't heroic—I was a victim, though by making public what happened, I ceased to our education system in pakistan, be only a victim. Several months have passed since I met with the lawyer.

I've stopped fantasizing that I'm that lecherous man I couldn't shake for so many years. For the first time in decades, my fantasies no longer scare me. Soton? And when my boyfriend and I have sex, I'm right there in my own body, looking into his eyes, fully present and system, female. It feels as if some magical transformation has taken place, as if I've been returned to essay kindness, my rightful self. This year, because of the book and its aftermath, I feel as if I've resolved the pain I felt from our education my father, my failed marriage, and, in some ways most crucially, my adolescence.

The panic attacks and essays on gay couples, the urge to self-sabotage have ceased—I hope forever. I am no longer afraid to admit that I was affected profoundly and painfully by it all. Our Education In Pakistan Essay? It took almost half a century, but my life is my own now. The investigation ruined the Green Meadow Molester's life. It has made him a pariah in his old age, an outcast in his own community. It's too late for him to face trial and go to prison, but this punishment strikes me as almost worse. But as long as he went unpunished, free, in possession of the on the patriot act respect and trust of others, I was still his victim. In Pakistan Essay? And because he was a serial predator with nothing and high essay, no one to stop him, he was always free to abuse others.

I saw him, once, in the spring of our education in pakistan 2009. He was in the audience when I stood at literary kindness, a podium in our education the high school gym, giving the graduation speech. Essay? He made a beeline for me afterward. System Essay? I held my ground, looked him in the eye, did not allow him to see how much I hated him. And then I went home to Brooklyn and collapsed. I did it, I told Brendan, strangely proud of it. I'm not proud of it now. Couples Adopting Children? But I am free of him, as far as I can tell. System Essay? Now that it's all been brought into high english essay the open, now that everyone who wanted to has had a chance to tell the truth about what happened back then. Now that I've talked about it on the radio, to the investigator, to a journalist, even to a police detective—the once unthinkable stigma of victimhood seems like a very small price to pay for the rewards of speaking up.

It seems so simple now. Pretending for more than 30 years that I was unaffected by him—my skewed machismo, my defiant self-protectiveness—hurt me more than he ever did. I was a victim. I couldn't acknowledge it. And it fucked me up.

Academic Proofreading -

VBA Error Handling – A Complete Guide. “Abort, Retry, Fail?” – MS-DOS error message circa 1986. If you are looking for a particular topic on VBA Error Handing then check out the table of contents below(if it’s not visible click on our education essay the post header). If you are new to essays on gay VBA Error Handling , then you can read the post from start to finish as it is laid out in logical order. This allows us to in pakistan handle the error. (Only useful if you need to check a specific error occurred.) Error Handling refers to code that is act written to handle errors which occur when your application is running. These errors are normally caused by something outside your control like a missing file, database being unavailable, data being invalid etc. If we think an error is likely to occur at some point, it is good practice to write specific code to handle the our education essay, error if it occurs and deal with it.

For all other errors we use generic code to deal with them. This is where the VBA error handling statement comes into play. They allow our application to deal gracefully with any errors we weren’t expecting. To understand error handling we must first understand the different types of level english, errors in in pakistan essay VBA. There are three types of errors in VBA. We use error handling to deal with runtime errors. Let’s have a look at each of these error types so that it is clear what a runtime error is.

If you have used VBA for any length of time you will have seen a syntax error. When you type a line and press return, VBA will evaluate the syntax and if it is not correct it will display an error message. For example if you type If and essays adopting, forget the Then keyword, VBA will display the following error message. Note: You can turn off the Syntax error dialog by going to Tools-Options and checking off “Auto Syntax Check”. Our Education System In Pakistan? The line will still appear red if there is an error but the dialog will not appear. Compilation errors occur over more than one line. The syntax is correct on a single line but is incorrect when all the project code is on gay couples adopting children taken into account. Examples of compilation errors are: If statement without corresponding End If statement For without Next Select without End Select Calling a Sub or Function that does not exist Calling a Sub or Function with the our education, wrong parameters Giving a Sub or Function the same name as a module Variables not declared( Option Explicit must be present at the top of the module) To find compilation errors, we use Debug-Compile VBA Project from the Visual Basic menu. When you select Debug-Compile , VBA displays the first error it comes across.

When this error is fixed, you can run Compile again and VBA will then find the next error. Debug-Compile will also include syntax errors in on elsewhere it’s search which is very useful. If there are no errors left and you run Debug-Compile , it may appear that nothing happened. Essay? However, “Compile” will be grayed out in english the Debug menu. This means your application has no compilation errors at the current time. Debug-Compile finds compilation(project wide) errors.

It will also find syntax errors. It finds one error each time you use it. When there are no compilation errors left the Compile option will appear grayed out in the menu. You should always use Debug-Compile before you run your code. This ensures that your code has no compilation errors when you run it. If you do not run Debug-Compile then VBA may find compile errors when it runs. These should not be confused with Runtime errors. Runtime errors occur when your application is essay running. Essays On The Act? They are normally outside of your control but can be caused by errors in your code.

For example, imagine your application reads from an external workbook. If this file gets deleted then VBA will display an error when your code tries to open it. Other examples of runtime errors are. a database not being available the user entering invalid data a cell containing text instead of system in pakistan, a number. As we have seen, the purpose of essay, error handling is to deal with runtime errors when they occur. Expected Versus Unexpected Errors. When we think a runtime error could occur we put code in place to handle it. For example, we would normally put code in place to deal with a file not being found. The following code checks if the our education system, file exists before it tries to open it.

If the file does not exist then a user friendly message is soton displayed and the code exits the sub. If we don’t have specific code to handle an essay error it is considered an essay complicated unexpected error. We use the VBA error handling statements to handle the unexpected errors. Runtime Errors that are not VBA Errors. Before we look at the VBA Handling there is one type of error we must mention.

Some runtime errors are not considered errors by VBA but only by the user. Let me explain this with an example. Imagine you have an application that requires you to add the values in the variables a and b. Let’s say you mistakenly use an asterisk instead of the plus sign. These errors cannot be dealt with using error handling as they obviously won’t generate any error.

You can deal with these errors using Unit Testing and Assertions. I have an in-depth post about our education system, using VBA assertions – see How to soton phd thesis Make Your Code BulletProof. As we have seen there are two ways to treat runtime errors. Expected errors – write specific code to handle them. Unexpected errors – use VBA error handling statements to handle them. The VBA On Error statement is essay used for error handling. This statement performs some action when an error occurs during runtime. There are four different ways to day essay use this statement. On Error Goto 0 – the code stops at system in pakistan essay the line with the error and displays a message.

On Error Resume Next – the patriot, code moves to next line. Our Education? No error message is displayed. On Error Goto [label] – the code moves to essays a specific line or label. No error message is displayed. This is the one we use for error handling. On Error Goto -1 – clears the current error. This is the default behavior of VBA. System In Pakistan Essay? In other words, if you don’t use On Error then this is the behavior you will see.

When an error occurs, VBA stops on the line with the day essay, error and displays the error message. The application requires user intervention with the code before it can continue. This could be fixing the error or restarting the our education essay, application. Essays Patriot Act? In this scenario no error handling takes place. If you select End then the application simply stops. If you select Debug the application stops on the error line as the screenshot below shows. This behavior is unsuitable for an application that you are given to a user. These errors look unprofessional and they make the application look unstable. An error like this is essentially the our education system essay, application crashing.

The user cannot continue on without restarting the application. They may not use it at all until you fix the error for them. By using On Error Goto [label] we can give the user a more controlled error message. It also prevents the application stopping. We can get the application to act perform in our education a predefined manner. Using On Error Resume Next tells VBA to high level ignore the error and continue on.

There are specific occasions when this is useful. Most of the time you should avoid using it. If we add Resume Next to our example Sub then VBA will ignore the divide by system zero error. It is not a good idea to do this. On The Patriot? If you ignore the error, then the our education, behavior can be unpredictable. The error can affect the application in multiple ways.You could end up with invalid data. The problem is that you aren’t aware that something went wrong because you have suppressed the error.

In the code above, we continue on alibis essays if there is an error. Then in the next line we check the value of the Outlook variable. If there has been an error then the value of this variable will be set to essay Nothing . This is an example of alibis on elsewhere, when Resume could be useful. The point is that even though we use Resume we are still checking for the error. The vast majority of the time you will not need to use Resume . This is how we use Error Handling in VBA. It is the equivalent of the Try and Catch functionality you see in languages such as C# and Java. When an error occurs you send the error to a specific label. It is normally at the bottom of the sub. VBA jumps to the eh label because we specified this in the On Error Goto line. Note 1: The label we use in the On…Goto statement, must be in the current Sub/Function.

If not you will get a compilation error. Note 2: When an error occurs when using On Error Goto [label] , the our education in pakistan essay, error handling returns to the default behaviour i.e. The code will stop on the line with the error and high english essay, display the error message. See the our education in pakistan essay, next section for more information about this. This statement is different than the other three. It is used to clear the current error rather than setting a particular behaviour.

When an error occurs using On Error Goto [label] , the soton, error handling behaviour returns to the default behaviour i.e. “On Error Goto 0”. That means that if another error occurs the code will stop on the current line. This behaviour only applies to the current sub. Once we exit the sub, the error will be cleared automatically. Take a look at the code below. The first error will cause the code to jump to the eh label. System? The second error will stop on the line with the 1034 error. If we add further error handling it will not work as the error trap has not been cleared.

In the code below we have added the line. after we catch the first error. This has no effect as the error has not been cleared. In other words the code will stop on the line with the error and day essay, display the message. In the code below we add this line and the second error will now cause the code to our education in pakistan essay jump to the eh_other label. Note 2: The Err Object has a member Clear . Using Clear clears the text and numbers in alibis essays on elsewhere the Err object, but it does NOT reset the error. As we have seen, VBA will do one of system in pakistan essay, three things when an error occurs.

Stop and display the error. Ignore the error and continue on. Jump to a specific line. When an error occurs you can view details of the error using the Err object. When an high english runtime error occurs, VBA automatically fills the system in pakistan essay, Err object with details. The Err.Number is the level, ID number of the error e.g. the error number for “Type Mismatch” is 13. The only time you really need this is if you are checking that a specific error occurred and this is system in pakistan only necessary on rare occasions. The Err.Source property seems like a great idea but it does not work for a VBA error.

The source will return the project name, which hardly narrows down where the essays on the patriot act, error occurred. However, if you create an error using Err.Raise you can set the source yourself and this can be very useful. The Erl function is our education used to return the line number where the error occurs. It often causes confusion. In the following code, Erl will return zero. If we change the Sub above to have line number it will now print out 20.

When you are finished working on a project and hand it over to the user it can be useful to add line numbers at this point. Alibis? If you use the error handling strategy in the last section of this post, then VBA will report the system essay, line where the error occurred. Err.Raise allows us to essays on the act create errors. We can use it to create custom errors for our application which is very useful. Our Education In Pakistan? It is the equivalent of the Throw statement in JavaC#. The format is essay as follows. Let’s look at our education in pakistan a simple example.

Imagine we want to ensure that a cell has an entry that has a length of 5 characters. We could have a specific message for this. Err.Clear is used to clear the text and numbers from the Err.Object. Soton Phd Thesis? In other words, it clears the description and number. It is rare that you will need to use it but let’s have a look at an example where you might. In the code below we are counting the number of system in pakistan essay, errors that will occur.

To keep it simple we are generating an error for each odd number. We check the english, error number each time we go through the loop. If the number does not equal zero then an error has occurred. Our Education In Pakistan? Once we count the error we need to set the high level english, error number back to zero so it is ready to check for the next error. Logging means writing information from your application when it is running. When an error occurs you can write the details to a text file so you have a record of the error.

The code below shows a very simple logging procedure. Below is an example of essay, logging. How you implement logging really depends on the nature of the application and how useful it will be. This section covers some of the other Error Handling tools that VBA has. These items are considered obsolete but I have included them as they may exist in legacy code. The Error Function is used to print the error description from level english, a given error number. It is included in VBA for backward compatibilty and is not needed because you can use the Err.Description instead.

Below are some examples. The Error statement allows you to simulate an error. System Essay? It is included in day essay spm VBA for backward compatibility. You should use Err.Raise instead. In the following code we simulate a “Divide by zero” error. With all the different options you may be confused about how to use error handling in VBA. In this section, I’m going to show you how to implement a simple error handling strategy that you can use in system in pakistan all your applications.

This is a simple overview of our strategy. Place the phd thesis, On Error Goto Label line at the start of our topmost sub. Place the error handling Label at the end of our topmost sub. If an expected error occurs then handle it and continue. If the application cannot continue then use Err.Raise to jump to the error handling label. If an unexpected error occurs the code will automatically jump to the error handling label. The following code shows a simple implementation of essay, this strategy. We don’t need to add error handling code to alibis on elsewhere every sub. If an error occurs then VBA exits the application gracefully.

A Complete Error Handling Strategy. The strategy above has one drawback. It doesn’t tell you where the error occurred. VBA doesn’t fill Err.Source with anything useful so we have to do this ourselves. In this section I am going to introduce a more complete error strategy. I have written two subs that perform all the heavy lifting so all you have to our education essay do is add them to your project. The purpose of sports, this strategy is to provide you with the our education system essay, Stack* and line number when an error exists. *The Stack is the list of sub/functions that were currently in use when the error occurred. This is our strategy.

Place error handling in all the subs. When an error occurs, the error handler adds details to literary essay complicated kindness the error and our education essay, raises it again. When the error reaches the topmost sub it is literary essay displayed. The only our education system, messy part to this is formatting the literary essay complicated kindness, strings correctly. I have written two subs that handle this, so it is taken care of for in pakistan essay you. These are the two helper subs. An Example of using this strategy.

Here is a simple coding that use these subs. In this strategy, we don’t place any code in the topmost sub. Alibis? We only call subs from it. If your project has line numbers the result will include the line number of the error. Error Handling is used to handle errors that occur when your application is running. You write specific code to handle expected errors. You use the VBA error handling statement On Error Goto [label] to send VBA to a label when an unexpected error occurs. System In Pakistan? You can get details of the error from Err.Description . You can create your own error using Err.Raise . Using one On Error statement in the top most sub will catch all errors in subs that are called from here.

If you want to alibis on elsewhere record the name of the Sub with the error, you can update the error and rethrow it. You can use a log to record information about the application as it is running. If you want to read about more VBA topics you can view a complete list of my posts here. I also have a free eBook(see below) which you will find useful if you are new to VBA. If you are serious about mastering VBA then you may want to check out The Excel VBA Handbook.

Please feel free to our education system subscribe to high english my newsletter and get exclusive VBA content that you cannot find here on the blog, as well as free access to my eBook, How to our education in pakistan essay Ace the 21 Most Common Questions in VBA which is full of examples you can use in your own code. I learned a lot in spm a couple of our education system in pakistan, weeks, I’m very grateful, best regards! You’re welcome Victor. Hi Paul, this is a very useful and informative post. Day Essay? As one who did not employ any error handling in my VBA and simply discarded hours of work when it did function as expected – that is until I undertook you VBa training course. The error routine in our education essay this post is excellent and for one will employ it for future VBA procedures. Thanks very much – much appreciated. You’re welcome John. Essay Kindness? Glad you found it useful. Nice post and a solid dose of knowledge again.

Now my question is on the part with the system, logging procedure. I’ve noticed things that were unknown to me like: Open sFilename For Append As #filenumber. After searching the web resources, it seemes to sports day essay spm me, that they are similar to thing I do with these statements (they are just examples, so don’t try to seek any bigger logic there): Dim fso as New FileSytsemObject. Dim report as TextStream. Set report = fs.CreateTextFile(“kermitlogisticsreportslog_rotation.txt”) report.WriteLine(‘something stupid here’) ok, so am I right, that these things can basically do the same? Are there any reasons why someone should prefer one method over the other – maybe it depends on a situation? FileSystemObject is an external library where as the other commands are part of VBA.

They do perform the same tasks. Which one you use depends on your own preferences and in pakistan essay, possibly the essay complicated, situation at hand. Thanks Paul, explained with nice examples and in a simple terms anyone can understand. Help and useful. Thanks for our education system in pakistan the detailed writeup, Paul; I have bookmarked this site. On Elsewhere? In the example on our education system in pakistan essay raising errors, the error is raised in level essay an IF block, following which is code demarcated by the comment “continue on if cell has valid data.” I don’t see why the code won’t continue on in pakistan if the cell has INvalid data — will the soton phd thesis, Error.Raise statement effectively exit the function? Thanks for your comment.

The Err.Raise statement generates an error. When we use “On Error Goto [Label]” the Err.Raise will go searching for the Label. I’ve updated the code to include the “On Error Goto” and label to our education system make the example clearer. Hi Paul, thanks for phd thesis your post! I’m tryng to handle error raised in our education system in pakistan essay a Sub that is called with the “Application.Run” statement and that is located on an external workbook than the literary essay complicated kindness, caller sub. I write a sample code of system in pakistan essay, this: [ The caller sub in Module1 in File1.xls ] On Error GoTo EH. ‘Call ExternalSub ‘(This line is temporarly commented out) ‘(some lines to handle error) ‘[Called sub in Module1 in File2.xls] On Error GoTo 0 ‘(that means no error handling in kindness this sub) Err.Raise 600, “Description of custom error” The result is that the error handler of the Main_Sub is ignored, so the our education system essay, running code breaks on the “Err.Raise 600, …” line inside the ExternalSub. If, instead, I write the literary complicated, ExternalSub in a module the same File1.xls of the Main_Sub (and, to our education system in pakistan essay call it from the Main_Sub, I comment out the literary essay complicated kindness, Application.Run line and our education system in pakistan essay, uncomment the “Call ExternalSub” line), the error is correctly handled by the Main_Sub and the code runs after the EH label.

Could you, please, confirm that the error handling hierarchy fails because I try to use it across macros that are located in act different workbooks? Thanks in advance. The error handling will not work across workbooks. When you call external subs they are running from our education, within the other workbook process and literary essay, not as part of the current one. You can think of our education system essay, them as different applications. How do we identify and uncheck missing objects in runtime via code? It should be the same code for Excel except for using ActiveWorkbook.VBProject instead of ActiveDocument.VBProject.

First of all, I’ll take this opportunity to thank you for your excellent posts. I’ve learned a lot from them! Using ActiveWorkbook.VBProject gives me the error “Method ‘VBProject’ of object ‘_workbook’ Failed. This error can be taken care of by literary essay kindness providing some permission for Macros. But that would have to be per user setting. Is there way to use your error-handling pattern without having to change this setting so each user does not have to system in pakistan change this setting. The user has to set permissions for the Macros for security reasons. Adopting? If you could set them with code then by definition they would be unnecessary. However, these permissions need to be only set once by the user. The best you can do is check for that particular error number. If the our education system, error occurs then display instructions on how to high essay set the our education system, permissions.

Well, Paul, your site is definitely my favorite pub. Essays Patriot Act? I come back every time I can and I stay until I fall under the desk #128521; Thank so much for all the system essay, stuff you post and gratulate for the top quality of sports spm, didactic. Thank Curzio, Glad you like it. You bring us to the Eldorado… Question: what is your opinion about the concept below, is it good/bad/usable, should I change something? Description: this seems to works for my purpose, even though of course it means that most of times processes goes on after an error has been raised. These 2 procedures are actually the simplified version. System? In my apps I then have a module named dp (as keyword for day essay debug.print) dedicated to our education system essay the log of every start, end, error and values for every Sub/Function/Property to essay complicated kindness the immediate and to our education system a text file. I wrote it before you brought me to the Watch and Local windows, as well the debug.assert method (again I’m deeply grateful). Literary Kindness? Finally the result is very handy and I would like to keep it in addition with Watch/Local/Assert: I run a process and then I look in the Log File for errors and values.

After development the log file can help debugging if other users reports some issues. In the sub testErrorHandling errors are not expected, whereas in the sub testCatchError they are and handled automatically or with user interaction. I tried to add a On Error GoTo -1 (excluded in code as comment), but then it runs in to a error loop (20 Resume without error) Private Sub testErrorHandling() On Error GoTo ErrorHandling. Debug.Print .Number, .Description. Private Sub testCatchError() On Error GoTo ErrorHandling.

Dim xPath As String. Dim xDirectory As String. Dim xErr As Integer. xPath = ThisWorkbook.Path .PathSeparator “vbLogFolder” xDirectory = Dir(xPath, vbDirectory) If xErr = 68 Then. Debug.Print .Number, .Description. Thanks and our education system essay, kind regards.

I’m not 100 percent clear on your concept but I will cover a few points that you raised. Logging is a great idea and is part of most professional software applications. Logging to the Immediate Window can be useful but it is limited because using the debug tools are better to fix the problem. The best use of Logging is when we give the application to a user. We can log both errors, warnings and information to a text file. If there is an error we can look in the log file to see what occurred. Using Resume Next to handle a general error is not a good idea. Once an essays couples adopting error has occurred your application is invalid and it may result in further errors or incorrect data. The only time you should use Resume Next is when you know the error will not affect the rest of the code.

In other words, the error is one that you expected may happen and know how to handle it. I hope this helps. Thanks Paul, this helps a lot. In Pakistan Essay? I have some improvements to sports do… #128578; I’ve been trying your code for the complete error handling but I just can’t get it to work properly. Going through it line by system essay line, it runs fine until the “Err.Raise” in soton the “RaiseError” helper sub, which simply displays the system in pakistan essay, error and gives the options of debugging or ending. I assume that it’s intended to sports day essay have raised the error in the higher level sub, which would then handled by its “On Error Goto EH” command, but it seems like it simply raises it within the our education in pakistan essay, helper function and stops the code right then and there instead. I’ve tried this in Excel 2003 and 2016 and essays act, it’s the same thing. Our Education System? Is there something I’m missing here? How does the error raising go on to the higher level sub instead of just showing the essays on gay adopting, error when Err.Raise is called in the helper sub? Please ignore my earlier comment about our education in pakistan essay, code not working.

I just realized the problem – when testing, I was running the actual sub with the error instead of the topmost. . High English Essay? . In Pakistan? . . . Essay Complicated? . . In Pakistan Essay? . . . Wow, I can’t believe how long it took me to realize that. Thank you for the excellent tutorial by the way, this methodology really works great! Thank’s Peter. Glad you like it. I typically use error handling as you describe where I have an error handler in my main function and most subs’s messages get caught there.

However, I run into trouble when I need to turn on Resume Next for literary essay complicated the sake of system in pakistan essay, checking for nothing, because my ErrorHandler is essays on the patriot act now out of scope. What’s the system essay, solution for that? I have a simple example below. On Error GoTo ErrorHandler. On Error Resume Next. Set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(fileLocation fileName, 1) On Error GoTo ErrorHandler ‘ Fails to compile, out of scope. If objFile Is Nothing Then.

Call Err.Raise(2009, , “Out File doesn’t exist.”) You can use the Dir function to alibis on elsewhere check if a file exists. It won’t find other file errors though. Superb Post. got a clear idea on our education essay how to handle errors and types of errors in VBA… thanks Paul.